[Guide] Tryndamere - King of Mid

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DD DoubleDiamond

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
Most people will scoff at a lack of armor pen or crit CHANCE. Crit dmg is superior for very few characters one is tryn. Even though it doesn't maximize early game DPS it gives big inconsistent hits. This is key becasue you want to hit your mid opponent so hard he is afraid to come at you with less than half health.
Armor pen actually makes your crits hit harder, more so the earlier the game is.

That being said, I've played Tyrn maybe 10 times in mid, and have seen hotshotgg do so as well, and it really is fairly effective. People underestimate just how much he heals himself just by last hitting.

Issege

09-13-2010

One thing that's always bothered me about tryndamere guides (this one does it too) is that you suggest using spinning slash for harassment. what if you get NO crits? I can imagine this is the case early on when all you have are brawlers gloves for crit (and no crit chance runes). However, if you find that you've overextended, you won't have spinning slash to get back out so that leaves only flash with its long cooldown.

As a general rule of thumb, I only use spinning slash to initiate a fight if its going to be long enough (or my crit chance is high enough) that i can use it again to escape, or if you're finishing off an enemy. If the goal is to do some damage and get out, spinning slash should be saved for the getting out portion.

I liked the guide, I think mid tryn has some potential, but I think your reasoning for a few things is a bit off.

Encoding

09-13-2010

All of you people are forgetting Trynd gets crit from his passive. If he gets hit once by the other champ he will have some crit. It's actually a nice amount too.

TacoMental

09-13-2010

At half health with brawlers gloves and the 2% from masteries you have around 40-45% crit chance. This is why disables hurt so much. If you are exchanging blows your crit chance goes up after every enemy swing. This means the longer that fight is the more chance you have to crit. With my rune setup, masteries and level 2 bloodlost your crits don't do 200% they do 250%. 60 is trynds base dmg. 2.5x60 is 150. Most mid characters have between 400 & 600 hp. At low level they usually do not have more than enough armor to do maybe 25% dmg reducction. That means my crits are hitting for over 100. 2 crits and a couple normal hits (hopefullly you hit with spinning slash too) and you have him at around half health. Since you popped a potion before instigating the fight you are gaining some health and can pop a bloodlust stack as you retreat.

Usually I come out equal or slightly ahead. The difference being that now I have decent crit chance (40%) whcih allows me to build bloodlust stacks quite effectively for healing. After the initial skirmish i immediately work on getting my health to about 3/4s Then i maintain my bloodlust stacks to counter any pinging they try. By this point they tend to be low on mana and I use my hp, another advantage to me. If i took around half their health in that first go I now become a real threat. At anypoint I might spin in and crit them to death. They now have to be cautious. I'm playing mid as trynd so i'm obviously crazy.

In reply to the fact that i can't escape with spinning slash. I have ghost, flash and spinning slash. Usually enough to escape.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

+1 for a guide that doesn't have a 100% crit chance with full hp

a question though : if they're an exhaust heavy team or exhaust + teemo / heimer when would you get quicksilver ?

TacoMental

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairno View Post
+1 for a guide that doesn't have a 100% crit chance with full hp

a question though : if they're an exhaust heavy team or exhaust + teemo / heimer when would you get quicksilver ?
I would probably build it after my BF sword. The extra crit and crit dmg from finishing the IE isn't as important as being able to hit very hard. I would do the same vs a team that had morde and a few ignties or even just a bunch of igniters focusing me hardcore.

I generally make the rulling when i'm dying too much because i can't get in and swing. If i'm swinging and they don't die i focus more on dmg & armor pen. If they keep getting away or im the only one able to catch them (ghost, flash, chickne spin) i get a mallet to keep targets in range for my team.

ZOMGTURTLE

09-14-2010

I've seen other Trynd's with similar high damage builds, and usually they get a lifesteal item near the end of the build (so the game may or may not last long enough). When you're hitting like a ****ing truck mid-late game, why would you not want to toss out 450g for a Vamp Scepter so that you can actually get back a decent amount of health in a team fight when your ult is up instead of having to spin away as your ult ends and pop your Bloodlust and pray? It just seems like lifesteal favors you so much when you're hitting hard, I don't get why Trynds don't build some mid-game. Thoughts?

Edit: Just after I posted, I figured it might be so you can control your health in order to control your passive crit chance. Is that why?

TacoMental

09-14-2010

I used to run a blood thirster and was disipointed to be full health too often. Your edit hit the nail on the head. Its also nice to be bait when you are low health. However I do advocate adding frozen mallet and randuins omen w/ maybe even a fortitude potion. This puts you around 3400 hp. Much more than normal max dmg trynds. You get nice amount of crit while being healthier than they think you are. OOOH trynd is at 1/2 lets get him. But you have 1700 hp...the same amount most others have at max.

Prophcy

09-14-2010

I do agree with a lot of your ideas. I main Tryndamere, and early game is always lacking for him.

While I do agree with most of it, I absolutely can not condone spinning into a fight. Every time I see a Tryndamere spin into a fight, I want to shoot myself.

Vijaya

09-14-2010

Not gonna doubt this can happen, but:

1) It sounds like you're outplaying the enemy champ, which implies you'd probably dominate mid no matter what you do.
2) Any chance of a video of this going up anytime soon? You're posting a ton of information, and being able to see it in play will be much more effective.
3) Have you done this in ranked games?

123456 ... 10