@Riot: The Valoran Vaunt! Issue 1; The Shadow Isles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

09-13-2010

To begin, this is a little lore thought artical I came up with because I finally found this section of the forum (MAN I am slow =/) and I wanted to write something up. And if the Title isn't obvious enough, I'm hoping Babaganoosh would like to have this artical (or others I could do) for the JoJ.

The Valoran Vaunt! Issue 1; The Shadow Isles

In the darkest, dankest corners of the world, live the nightmares. The things that pray on the psyche of the people of Valoran. To some, it comes in the form of a haunting ghost. Others, the baleful cawing of a crow. To most, it appears in the shape of a large, wicked, metallic demon. Thus, with the arrival of the Champion Mordekaiser, proof of the foul and sinister workings of the Shadow Isle have come to light.

Mordekaiser, roughly eight foot two, stands as one of the largest Champions in the League, and possible the most undaunted in any purpose he (or "it") seeks. Able to conjure metal and bend it to his will, the so proclaimed The Master of Metal is nothing short of the monsters and ghouls from a small Demacian childs story book. While the working of this Demacian child's heroes (the gallant Garen and ferocious Xin Zhao) ward of the boogey man, what does this impressive specimen say about the relatively unknown that is the Shadow Isles? Very little, but what is says is clear; the land is terrible, the skies are ashened, and what little life makes that place it's home, are nothing short of things of our deepest, darkest fears.

While Mordekaiser is confirmed to be from the Shadow Isles, we cannot dismiss the possibility that other Champions in the League may have affiliations with these lands. For one, the dreadful Fiddlesticks, The Harbinger of Doom may very well come from the Isles. Many a' tale circulate about its (for if it is in fact a "he", i dare say I'd never want to look into the dementia that is his mind) origin, but all can conclude that it is Evil, pure and simple. Similar (in possible origin and status) is the Demon Jester, Shaco. Known only to be an enigma, everyone knows of the death dealing comic that is this clown. It can almost be assumed that he (possible, more likely an "it") is the very reason people deal with Coulrophobia, a fear of Clowns. "Fear" and "Paranoia" are his favorite words, and he instills them into anyone he meets. To say he's a "bad clown" would be an understatement and a quite possible life threatening. Thankfully, by the good grace of some omnipotent being, we have only three fiends to deal with, and hopefully no more then that. However, if more appear, I dare say that those "waiting" for something to happen, won't have to much longer.

As a final thought on this matter, and as a wrap up to this little segment, I can conclude this; the malice that permeates the Shadow Isles is real. What makes it, is what makes me worry. I believe we can all agree if Demacia and Noxus had troops like Mordekaiser, Fiddlesticks and Shaco, the land would be much more barren and desolate then it is now . . . perhaps that's why the Shadow Isles are so dangerous?

RK98

09-13-2010

Dang dude, that's something i'd expect from one of the Riot guys! Good job

(I'd +1 you but when I tried it didn't work)

Zzilb

09-13-2010

From the updated lore available in the champion profiles of the game client; "In what was ultimately his last match, his reach finally exceeded his grasp. Sealing himself inside the easternmost summoning chamber, he began incanting the most forbidden of rituals - an extra-planar summoning."
This indicates Fiddlesticks was likely brought to us by that extra-planar summoning. If he is from the shadow isles, youre saying he just happened to be in the room to murder everything, or that the shadow isles are extra-planar and that boats are inter-dimensional transportation devices. Other than that, neat. ;D

Adanos

09-13-2010

They say Eve may be from there too:

Quote from lore:

There is some evidence that Evelynn originally came from the Shadow Isles - the mysterious island located northwest of Valoran that is eternally blanketed by a thick, unnatural fog. It is thought that the Shadow Isles are home to countless forms of undead, though no one seems eager to perform the exploration necessary to find out the truth. Evelynn neither confirms nor denies her connection to Shadow Isles.

K D Bonez

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
From the updated lore available in the champion profiles of the game client; "In what was ultimately his last match, his reach finally exceeded his grasp. Sealing himself inside the easternmost summoning chamber, he began incanting the most forbidden of rituals - an extra-planar summoning."
This indicates Fiddlesticks was likely brought to us by that extra-planar summoning. If he is from the shadow isles, youre saying he just happened to be in the room to murder everything, or that the shadow isles are extra-planar and that boats are inter-dimensional transportation devices. Other than that, neat. ;D
Wait, ingame lore is diffrent then lore on the website? . . . . . the hell Riot Q.Q

Also, thanks for all the support ^_^