Trinity Force on Sivir and Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

So i've seen some guides and some players Building Trinity Force on Sivir and Vayne, I can see why someoen would think that its a good item on these two since they have spammable auto attack modifiers but personally I'm a little bit skeptical, has anybody done the math on this?

FaerellG

08-13-2012

I play sivir, and Triforce is great on her. It's good before you finish it even. Phage and Sheen are great items, and so is Zeal.

As for math, it's not so much about raw DPS, but it's also about burst potential.

I guess the question is: what item would you get instead of Trinity force? Phantom Dancer?

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I play sivir, and Triforce is great on her. It's good before you finish it even. Phage and Sheen are great items, and so is Zeal.

As for math, it's not so much about raw DPS, but it's also about burst potential.

I guess the question is: what item would you get instead of Trinity force? Phantom Dancer?
that's probably what I would replace, Iam also trying to decide where in my build path i would put it

Duhizy

08-13-2012

maybe as a last item but rushing IE on sivir is just to good to pass up and your trying to build vayne for the late game so id suggest phantom dancer at all times first

FaerellG

08-13-2012

IE? I usually rush BloodThirster on Sivir for 2 reasons:
1. she farms it up really fast, so it ends up being more raw AD than IE.
2. her BB doesn't scale off of crit, and into mid-game, it's a huge source of damage (even late game, it's significant)

My build order is typically:
boots pots
Thirster
Zeal
Phage
IE
Finish TF.

You certainly can replace it with PD. PD is a great item, but I think other champs scale better with auto attacks. Sivir is more ability based than other carries, so I tend to focus on her burst potential. She also gets plenty of attack speed and move speed from her Ulti, so I don't worry about the extra AS/MS that PD gives.

NewRelicspet

08-13-2012

Trinity force on Varus though, you don't even have to question the math, it's clearly the best. (With blighted quiver)

Duhizy

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
IE? I usually rush BloodThirster on Sivir for 2 reasons:
1. she farms it up really fast, so it ends up being more raw AD than IE.
2. her BB doesn't scale off of crit, and into mid-game, it's a huge source of damage (even late game, it's significant)

My build order is typically:
boots pots
Thirster
Zeal
Phage
IE
Finish TF.

You certainly can replace it with PD. PD is a great item, but I think other champs scale better with auto attacks. Sivir is more ability based than other carries, so I tend to focus on her burst potential. She also gets plenty of attack speed and move speed from her Ulti, so I don't worry about the extra AS/MS that PD gives.
the build i use i personally asked chaox about on his stream and i have played sivir as my main ad for quite a while. Iv tried using the trinity build for a while but then after trying out the general IE/PD build numerous times and then finally getting the opinion of a pro it became clear to me that the IE build is superior. I think chaox has a sivir guide but im not sure.

Also its usually more prudent to go for the BT when you have a big lead because of its strong mid game damage and sustain;however, IE is the best combination between burst and sustained damage. There is also an analysis done by "diff the ender" the man who is the reason no pro player get BC on any adc anymore that states with mathematical certainty that getting an IE before getting a BT or trinity does more damage early and late. Sivir relies greatly on her abilities in the early game but after the 25 min mark shes just an ad carry with BB and an ult steriod. Also why would you not get trinity second at least? You cannot simply say that a champ has "enough" attack speed, sivir has one ability that she uses which is not related to her auto attacks and that isnt enough to warent not building her for her Auto attacks. In that logic you should also get trinity on graves because he relies solely on his abilities..... you get PD on graves because he has a high attack speed steroid and you should get PD on sivir because her ult and her BB are auto attack steriods. Also your mistaken, BB can crit

GoodShepperd

08-13-2012

ok I'll try it next time I play sivir and see what i think

FaerellG

08-13-2012

She's the only AD I can reliably play. I know I play her unorthodox, and I'm certainly no pro. I will say that the IE/PD build works fine on Sivir. I've tried it several times and it's murderous as ever. However, I simply prefer a different build. It flows better with my playstyle, and I like the lifesteal that Thirster gives me.

There are several issues I personally have (probably cause I'm not a pro player) with the IE/PD build.
1. Sivir's short range means she has to get closer, which means she tends to take more damage.
Without lifesteal in the IE/PD, you can't sustain the fight for long. BT helps you out here a lot.
2. The aforementioned burst potential with Sivir. I know it's not her job to deal burst damage, but building this way doesn't really weaken her DPS by too much IMO.

GoodShepperd

08-13-2012

Chaox's sivir guide isn't very indepth on items, but it says that u want IE Phantom Dancer Bloodthirster Last whisper QSS