Too scared to fight?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-14-2012

Okay, title says it all, I'm quite the scaredy cat. I get scared to die most of the times so I back off when the enemy looks like he's trying to pull something. Off course that eventually results me to losing some cs.

I'm doing this most on top lanes. I don't do this when I play an adc bot lane because I'm ranged and I feel more secure, but when it comes to top lane, I will totally hug tower all day.

This is prolly the result of me playing ranged adc's for a very long time and my attitude, but I don't want to be playing ranged all the time. Also, I try to use melee champions like Riven or Irelia, rather than ranged top laners like Teemo or Kennen. Just because I would try melee.

Yes, I do read about other champions and I read what their skills do, but when I actually get on stage, I get nervous and forget everything. Like, dafuq?

I do win top lane if I play ranged champions, but I don't want to lurk there forever, so tips aside from "play ranged bruisers" would be helpful.

Oh, and I'm not that much of a player, no ranked or anything, just usually solo que blind.

I Love Slurpees

08-14-2012

If you find yourself afraid to top lane with a melee champ just bring heal along with you. Gives you a health advantage. Here's some champs that I found helped me get used to top lane bruisers.
>Nunu
>Lee Sin
>Renekton
>Mundo

If i read right Udyr, Nasus, and Lee Sin are free this week, go play with them and get used to it. The best way to get over your fear of dying is to just fight the enemy champ in lane head on. You'll get used to your champs damage output and realize how much he/she can tank.

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2012

Play Singed. Press shift + 1

GreatPotato2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Irelia is a pretty safe top laner as well. You just build armor or mr and just farm off your lane due to hiten style. Even when you're pushed to tower, its difficult to lose cs due to blade surge resetting on kills.

Riven requires you to trade aggressively to push your advantage or she falls off in comparison to other tops.

Dark Castellan

08-14-2012

Top lane is the most aggressive id say, bot is a farm fest, mid is just pokeing, where top you need to go balls deep to even poke with some champs, and if you dont u get laft behind.
EX: rumble vs. riven, ruble has range, however riven needs to trade damage as well, so you basically need to tank a flamespitter to do it, its like that with alot of champs.

Honestly if you hate the harass of top lane like i do just play vlad or kennen, just spam Q until you harass out of lane, then outfarm because you are better lategame.

Prof Zuhayr

08-14-2012

i bet you're scared when you play nazi zombies huh?

jk

PteribleDactyl

08-14-2012

Gangplank: Mix of Range and Melee, farms well, Heals himself, Universal Ult, Decent Escape ability. You can also secure yourself, by building towards crit/tank builds and still be viable.

GYYAARRRRR

Jayfeather

08-14-2012

When you get into the lane, do the normal farming at the beginning, and then engage the enemy to see if you could win a fight. If you know for sure you're going to lose then back off and use a health pot or go b. That way you can tell if you can fight your enemy head on. If you can't then you can poke/farm until your jungler comes up to help.

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Play Garen. What I've noticed is that adc, and solo top are quite opposite roles so the hardest part about learning one or the other is to change your behavior. Top is usually a tank bruiser that goes in to initiate and runs around in circles while the adc sits back and gets a penta off their tanky distraction. You have to be more aggressive when you're solo topping, and this comes from experience honestly. You have to get to know your top melee champ and learn how much abuse you can take before you have to back off. This is why I recommend Garen; he's one of the tankiest characters in the game and you can choose to build him either ad or tank. The other thing you have to accept as a Top lane melee is that You Will Take Damage. There's no way to avoid this. You simply have to be confident that you hit harder or die slower. Good Luck, hope this helped.