@Riot: New game mode idea: 5v5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoonabomber

08-09-2012

also: 3v3v3v3v3

make it happen plz

megatravian

Recruiter

08-09-2012

I think 3v3v3 is okay, but 5v5v5 is gunna be so laggy. Think about dominion. Think about 15 players, and half of them having windows 98.
3v3v3 might be interesting but riot has to be able to make a map first, and I prfer that magma chamber be released.
Oh and think about ranked 3v3v3. Might be too odd for high elo players.

SWZproductions

08-10-2012

I have always thought that a gamemode with more people to fight against would actually be alot of fun if the game would not lag, beause i just want to see what it would be like to go into a team fight of say.. um,,, 20 competitors?? O.o

Yoonabomber

08-10-2012

bump

laxjoh

08-10-2012

This is actually a good idea. Not hte 5v5v5 but a FFA multiple team match. 3v3v3 or 2v2v2v2v2 sounds good too. Definitely a lot less turrets than Summoner's Rift.

KnightxSScarlett

08-10-2012

Been proposed. Main problems are balance and two teams ganging up on the other.

AlphariusRising

08-10-2012

I think another problem is this game mode would punish any aggression, since if you went to mess with the other guy's base, the third team would go take your tower.

Flagrock

08-10-2012

2 Premades gang up turning it into a 10v5, or even a 6v3. Yeah, should never happen. I would still love to see a death match type game type where it was first to X amount of kills

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

3v3v3

there may be at most 3 enemies inside your base at any one time. once 3 enemies are within your base, the base is "locked" and no additional enemies can enter until these is less than 3 enemies in your base. additionally, once there are 3 enemies in your base, enemies who are not in your base will slowly get lazored by victor's robotic arm (which is doing it's thing from the centre of the field) - may limit this effect to only enemies who are not in their base**, or unlimitedly apply to all enemies outside of the defender's base.

(**so enemies inside their own base, and enemies inside the defender's locked base, will not get zapped, everyone in the neutral zone, or inside the 3rd team's base will get zapped)

now - think about how awesome a 3-sided base race will be. not only do you have to tank vs turrets, you also have to tank vs victor's robotic arm lazor

this 'lock out' concept will prevent 3v3v3 turning into a 6v3 I think. A new problem would be that teams will be reluctant to invade.

bases gain 30s immunity if they begin an 'invasion' (have a least 1 player who's inside an enemy base when that enemy base is locked out)
also, a team cannot gain immunity if their base is currently on lock

edit: changing the lock out condition to 4 players may be more balanced, to give the attacking force more power to push down turrets.

Yoonabomber

08-14-2012

bump