What are the best Tanky DPS for Twisted Treelines?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-13-2012

What are the best ones?

AngelicV

08-13-2012

Darius, Jax
Rengar will be pretty beast,too huehue

Vexinity

08-13-2012

Renekton with him spin is pretty good for mobility.

TknRabbi

08-13-2012

Olaf is a strong top lane choice....True damage, slow, can't be disabled,solid dps tank, he is a bro.....what else could you want.....

Debesh Unnos

08-13-2012

I play tanky Cho'Gath top, and I do a generally good job of kicking ass.

Judas Priest

08-13-2012

And what about Dr. Mundo?

Zachyveng

08-13-2012

Xin Zhao is also pretty **** strong from my experience (which albeit is only like 1400ish).

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Most bruisers all have really great potential.

I think the 'best' bruiser for solo top really depends on the elo you are playing in.

But an even bigger factor is your team composition. If you're playing on a team with a high CC comp, you can play a hyper carry like Master Yi or Fiora. If you're playing on a team with low CC, having someone like Jax, Riven, or Renekton who add a lot of CC is great. If you're playing on a team with low mobility, Jax, Lee Sin, Wukong, and other champions with jumps become extra viable.

So all in all, if you want the best champion given consistent teammates, it'll vary on who those two are. Not only that, but at some elos you can entirely disregard team comp and just roll Darius. This completely backfires as you get to higher elo and players start building defensive items.

Edit: To answer your question though, in my opinion, my favorite bruiser is Wukong. He can juke out people, he can deal massive damage, he is 'okay' in lane phase, and his ultimate changes team fights. At any elo.

Judas Priest

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Most bruisers all have really great potential.

I think the 'best' bruiser for solo top really depends on the elo you are playing in.

But an even bigger factor is your team composition. If you're playing on a team with a high CC comp, you can play a hyper carry like Master Yi or Fiora. If you're playing on a team with low CC, having someone like Jax, Riven, or Renekton who add a lot of CC is great. If you're playing on a team with low mobility, Jax, Lee Sin, Wukong, and other champions with jumps become extra viable.

So all in all, if you want the best champion given consistent teammates, it'll vary on who those two are. Not only that, but at some elos you can entirely disregard team comp and just roll Darius. This completely backfires as you get to higher elo and players start building defensive items.

Edit: To answer your question though, in my opinion, my favorite bruiser is Wukong. He can juke out people, he can deal massive damage, he is 'okay' in lane phase, and his ultimate changes team fights. At any elo.
I only play normal games.

Luminar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
I only play normal games.
First off, whether you are in ranked or not riot has formulas of your ranking in the system and tries to match you with players around your own skill level.

Looking at the top 3v3 ranked teams Riven, Mundo, and Darius are 3 of the main tanky DPSers (Riven arguably tanky). They all have cc, aren't very mana hungry (obviously for riven and mundo) and can double as lane or jungle. Take this how you will. I have played Mundo alot in 3s and generally do very well with him, but again its all in the team comp and balance of your champions.