[HOW-TO] Change your IN-GAME and PVP.net voice-overs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GIRLSDAY Yuraa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I keep on getting failed to load translation on startup

Prizma

02-21-2013

I did everything right for the ingame VO and it's still silent, please help!

Kosheh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

...I don't regularly check this thread @_@ sorry for any late replies, but most of you have added me on League. I hope you don't totally hate me and have bothered to check the thread one more time as I'm replying to all the posts above this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontaycha View Post
How do you get the chinese files?
Edit: to clarify, do i need a proxy?
I wanted to be dodgy as possible about this because of the fear that it might become proxied, lol

As a hint, look for the Chinese LoL client. Unfortunately the Chinese client is about a patch or two behind at all times, so you more or less have to download the Chinese client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComp View Post
Ok I exactly went through all the steps by using your tutorial, its really well written, btw! No missunderstandings so far I got one problem, though.. After I completed the final step and launch the game, the launcher starts patching and overwrites all the work we did.. Has it something to do with the files, I replaced in the FMOD folder?

And what do you mean by "the matching" .fev and .fsb ?
Where can I see if they match with the native ones?
....that's weird. x_x I just did this last night and had no issues whatsoever (with French voices, btw)

Try changing the local RIGHT after you obtain the new language files, and restarting League to make sure your en_US ones still load properly.

Like, change it to ko_KR again, open League, make sure you see "Play", then edit locale.cfg one more time and edit it back to en_US. Save, close League, then reopen League.

Then continue as you were.

The only reason I could see it overwriting your files is if you actually forgot to rename your new translation's files to your locale (like, you forgot to change the filename of "LoL_Audio_ko_KR" to "LoL_Audio_en_US", or you botched up the files so badly that it doesn't recognize the data in the FEV.

...uh, "matching" as in, similar directory to where you pulled the other ones out of.
Like the Korean files are in
/lol_game_client_ko_KR/managedfiles/[????]/Data/Sound/FMOD
US are in
/lol_game_client_en_US/managedfiles/[????]/Data/Sound/FMOD

see how the DIRECTORIES match up?

Also, by matching, the differing locales have similar regional filenames.
Make sure your newly edited .FEV and .FSB are both "en_US" instead of "ko_KR", because the client actually looks at those names when loading the game. If they don't match or don't have the same name, it'll attempt to download new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDTiffannyyy View Post
I keep on getting failed to load translation on startup
If you just changed your locale, that'll happen, especially if you're trying to replace the Korean VO. It's normal, and you'll get a bunch of null_text, but the progress bar should still load and give you the chance to select "Play". Once you finish tweaking the locale to ko_KR, as soon as the info loads, CHANGE IT BACK TO YOUR NATIVE TRANSLATION.

This is because the Korean AIR client has an entirely different loading screen with a giant splash, so no news or anything actually loads on it.

Come to think of it, I could probably find a method to replace the AIR client with the Korean one and have it still load the NA information someday; modders would really like working with that one better imo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznRaze View Post
I did everything right for the ingame VO and it's still silent, please help!
Make sure you're using something like Notepad++ that tries to preserve the illegible code/text.

The other day, I had a friend who I was walking through this, showed me a screen and it was WordPad ;P WordPad tries to replace those NULL areas with blank spaces, and can seriously mess up the LoL_Audio.fev you're using.
If you don't have any programming-notepad-esque software, MAKE SURE you obtain a tool like Notepad++ and make use of it...for instance, if you do web design or programming in C++ you might also like it :]

_____

after replying to these posts, it just kinda dawned on me: I'm pretty sure the AIR client uses a file that points it to where spectated games are stored.

Let's see if I can watch Korean games.

ForeverRemorse

02-26-2013

Thx for the thread, trying this now though so far at start up client (On EUW) Everything is asian :c

Update: So i think i screwed up, i only got the champion select voices to change i dont know where to find the champion voice files which is in English

Konzart

02-28-2013

So I finally got the in game to be Korean, but was a bit curious as Zed and Vi are still in english in the selection screen, the rest are in Korean though. Is there any specific reason or do korean voiceover not exist for them yet in the na client?

Chalaka

03-10-2013

No problems following this, but something sprung up my curiosity. Would we have to redo this every time, let's say, a new champion comes out?
Also, would the first mini-guide be for during champion select as well? Or would I have to rename a different file for that to happen?
(If you don't understand what I mean, I'm asking what I would have to do to get the VO's during champion select in Korean as well)

Shiney Pearl

03-22-2013

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Followed all steps and did everything you did. I'm playing on EU West. (Uses the en_US voices in the en_gb client).

Friendly Banana

04-22-2013

I think you should bold the part that says it cant be normal Notepad because i got really frustrated for about 3 hours trying to figure out what i did wrong . Got it right now pretty easy.

rOmi xP

04-24-2013

Just did this to change my Korean voices to English. Excellent, thanks!

Compromise

04-30-2013

Use Notepad++ for those that did everything right and still ends up being silent. That fixed it for me.