supports can carry low elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDpark

08-13-2012

To answer. Any support with CC. Tanky supports.
Possibly lux/Karma.
Soraka, sometimes.

This all depends on the ADC and the person playing the ADC. (Aggressive/passive players)

Have fun! =D

Hourai

08-13-2012

No problem... just play taric and go like 15/0 as support.

When I play on my cousins' 3 digit elo accounts, I can pretty much do whatever and still face roll. Low elo is hilariously stupid, and they all think they're good players. I'm pretty terrible at this game too...

Elchulus

08-13-2012

GL with trying to do that.

If you're playing true, 0CS support, I doubt you'll be able to carry people out unless they follow your instructions. I mean, you can mitigate some poor play, but if they really suck, you won't do much.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

A true 0cs support has significant impact on the game anyway. It's subtler but no less significant. Really.

Powerstoned

08-13-2012

In elo hell, Soraka can turn the tides on enough fights in lower levels to really help her team, just sitting on bot passively and watching your top/mid/jungle and press Ult as needed. It's a pretty pathetic, yet very viable way to win matches, because it will help any effected champ to snowball or atleast dominate their lane with it. Ali has some potential to pseudo carry and be super disruptive, and janna can disrupt teamfights pretty well to your favor, but I can't see alot of other support champs that can really pick up the slack from your average poor teammate in elo hell, since you decent lack damage with most others. I do get on a good role with Taric from time to time, but if my adc has a bad game, my lane generally will. If you're a taric, leona, or another support champ that requires an adc to also pay attention to what you're doing, you might just be out of luck no matter how well you play. It's why it's hardest to gain levels, on average, from the support position, unless you play a soraka or janna usually.

Absolute Loss

08-13-2012

a few things i have noticed thus far in low elo is getting a team to play correct comps in que. simply by using lol king i have managed to stop people fighting overt a role. for instance 2 players were arguing over mid and it got to the point that they were like "ok **** you 2 mid then" because i used lol king i noticed one of the players had played alot of amumu jungle i simply just said that hey man you can play a really good amumu jungle why dont you play that and just carry the game. we ended up having no trolls and everyone working together. so far iv gained 60 elo so im not sure yet. but we shall see how things go.

Duhizy

08-14-2012

i think people are confused in thinking that damage is needed to carry a game. Proper warding at any elo can win a game at any point in time with any support champ.... its just much easier to do with supports that have alot of cc like blitz/alistar.

SuckOnMyWins

10-26-2012

Dude, you should duo with me<3
I main adc.

Qsario

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateEye View Post
my friend at 2100k elo tried to carry me out of elo hell... problem is because of the new match making we are both last or second last pick.... only one of us can carry and the other can only support a fail adc. One of us goes carry isn't always enough since we often need on to tank and other to kill and we haven't lost yet if neither of us is support.

What we noticed is at 1100 elo people don't lesson and don't take advice...because apparently they are always right and they think they can carry....which they clearly can't compared to a 2100 elo >.>
If you need a tank/support, try Leona.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirielis View Post
A true 0cs support has significant impact on the game anyway. It's subtler but no less significant. Really.
0cs support CAN have a significant impact if your team listens to you. Since I don't like ranked and stick with normals, I will talk about Normal Elo Hell.

I typically main support, which can play a big role in your games by filling the role of a caller. You tell people where to go, save lives, keep timers, place wards logically. In lower Elos however people refuse to listen to a 0cs support (usually), fight to the death (or once my ADC wanted to save me... it was a touching moment ), ignore objective suggestions, and not look at the mini-map.

Basically this means you have to play support in a non-support role to carry. Even if you run a kill lane, there is no guarantee that the ADC will follow up. Even if you do manage to feed the ranged ADC they could end up charging into the middle of the fight thinking they are a god.

I personally reached "Normal Elo Hell" by playing with friends who have bad connections and end up feeding. Playing 0cs support just wasn't enough to win the game when my teammates were playing poorly. Of course the second I switch to playing ADC I ended up getting fed every game (people tend to take mid-top instantly and I am working on my jungling still).