supports can carry low elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute Loss

08-13-2012

Hey guys i am a 1900 elo player who will be undergoing a little test i will be attempting to go from 1076 elo to 1500 in 1 week from today doing nothing but support champs. this means things like soraka mid, ali jungle etc etc as well as playing supports. this is really just for fun and to show how versatile champs can be. i also want to disprove elo hell. feel free to add me in game for a duo.

Stinkyy

08-13-2012

Make a blog! I'd love to follow your attempt and see how things go. I would like to point out - not to you but to other people reading this; that just because yes you can carry yourself out of most ELO's with support, you have to have common sense, a good sense of game knowledge and good decision making. People assume they are so good but there is so much to improve on.

Anyway, would love to follow your progress!

IIShardII

08-13-2012

If you're playing support champions in other roles like mid and jungle, then you're not actually supporting, which voids the whole "supports can carry low elo" thing. If you're a good enough player, then it doesn't really matter what champion you play in what roles, you're still going to do well. Also I think elo hell is supposed to be like 0-1000 or something, although I could be wrong.

Absolute Loss

08-13-2012

a blog sounds like a great idea. i may even set up a stream.

DukeSkills

08-13-2012

I think the biggest reason for ELO hell is just around the 1150-1350 areas. Even though you still get some inexperienced players at 1400-1600, its a bit more unlikely. In the 1150-1350 areas you get a lot of first time ranked, or first 10 game ranked players who don't know counters/how to counter pick etc and just get rolled.

Absolute Loss

08-13-2012

i guess i will jump that when i get the chance to. and show them nothing but love and guidance. I am going to get into the habit of checking my teammates out on lolking before game.

Stinkyy

08-13-2012

I don't really want to bring in the whole "ELO Hell" but I don't believe it exists. It's more of a category to classify all of the players who need improvement in the stronger more valuable areas of the game and just end up bringing down the whole game because of their lack of experience. And then on top of it, they just make other people upset as if they shouldn't be playing this game, and then the 'ragemode' persona kicks in with people who have short tempers and are impatient and then that's where your ELO hell begins. My friend is at 1900 and he says there are bad decision making players all over the place which can cost you games. It's how the game is. Just some people NEED that name/category to make them feel better so they call it ELO Hell and think it's only where the lower ELO players are because they aren't as experienced.

Barbarian Bill

08-13-2012

i'm in your game right now, anyways I'm rooting for you, I would want to join you on this adventure as well...

No sarcasm intended

FateEye

08-13-2012

my friend at 2100k elo tried to carry me out of elo hell... problem is because of the new match making we are both last or second last pick.... only one of us can carry and the other can only support a fail adc. One of us goes carry isn't always enough since we often need on to tank and other to kill and we haven't lost yet if neither of us is support.

What we noticed is at 1100 elo people don't lesson and don't take advice...because apparently they are always right and they think they can carry....which they clearly can't compared to a 2100 elo >.>

Duhizy

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateEye View Post
my friend at 2100k elo tried to carry me out of elo hell... problem is because of the new match making we are both last or second last pick.... only one of us can carry and the other can only support a fail adc. One of us goes carry isn't always enough since we often need on to tank and other to kill and we haven't lost yet if neither of us is support.

What we noticed is at 1100 elo people don't lesson and don't take advice...because apparently they are always right and they think they can carry....which they clearly can't compared to a 2100 elo >.>
the sad part is that its now easier for this to be done alone......