Two Quick Diana Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeternum

08-13-2012

First, does it seem worthwhile to run the ArPen/MPen Marks on Diana? I find that I don't want to give up either the Armor Pen (for jungling) or the Magic Pen (When ganking, dueling, for Moonsilver Blade procs, etc.)

Second, does it seem like Diana was made for Surge? By which I don't mean "Take Surge on Diana all the time, every time, and rage when others don't." Rather, does it seem like Riot was tired of people chirping Surge and so released a champ that synergizes almost perfectly with it?

IIShardII

08-13-2012

Haven't played Diana yet, so you can just ignore this if you want. Having watched friends play her though, I do believe that full Magic Pen is the way to go, as the Armor Pen seems to only be useful for the first jungle clear, while MPen helps out quite a bit more later in the game.

As for the Surge idea, I'd absolutely love to see it being used more, as it's such a cool ability. It does seem like the perfect ability for Diana, but at the end of the day, flash and exhaust are just so much better in so many ways so I can't really see it being the better choice. However, I do think it might be worthwhile to take surge over ignite if you're going mid lane. In that case, it does seem like the added damage from surge would be greater than ignite if you play her properly. (I'll still be trying out surge in the jungle though once I get enough ip to buy her.)

Raburi

08-13-2012

I use MPen marks, mana regen seals, attack speed glyphs and AP quints, and then I use a 24/6/0 mastery page, taking Brute Force, then both Arcane Knowledge, Weapon Expertise, and Havoc. Then I take Vampirism, Sunder and Executioner. In the Defense tree I take both Resistance and Hardiness. I really feel like, to use Diana properly, you need to fully take advantage of her strong passive, and in doing so, you're going to be auto attacking a lot. I like to build Malady, Sorc Shoes, Wits End, Nashors Tooth and Gunblade, as well as a nice big AP item to make everything she does hit like a truck.

Surge is not that great. You usually need flash to get away from bad initiations or ugly situations since she has no escape, and unless you're building items like Malady and Wits end, it isn't the best choice (and even then...). Yes, surge is good on her, but it's still a gimmicky spell that, even if I practice, I simply can't remember to use when I need to. Ignite just feels better, since it also reduces healing and allows her to burst down champions like Warwick, Akali and even most AD carries without them healing it all back.

Resent

08-13-2012

I actually use the runes Phreak suggested in his spotlight, they're pretty viable.

Attack speed marks, Flat armor seals, flat AP glyphs, flat AP quints.