Graves, Ezreal, Teemo, Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-13-2012

If you have noticed, they're all bot lane adc's.

I'm not that much of a player and I have never played ranked games. But answers from both ranked players and casual gamers would be very much appreciated.

On to the point. My play style would somewhat be cs and poke at times. If possible, get a kill with a gank or straight up go all out when I find them in awkward positions.

My worst fear as an adc would be dying and getting ganked. Which is why majority of the time, I would use Teemo as my adc so I can just run away fast, and increase map awareneas. Plus, I sometimes get horrible supports who would not really help, I tend to get my own ward at times. But I'm really dependent on early gold so I would use Teemo. Plus, I like his blind.

But I've decided to let to of Teemo and move on to a more aggressive style. If possible, an adc with high range and burst.

I did try Vayne, but I really just purely sucked with her. I can't her use her well because she has a rather weak early game to me. This could be because I'm not using her right, and I do respect your opinions, but I'm just not cut out for her so please refrain from suggesting Vayne.

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Teemo is not an AD carry. Vayne's laning phase is THE worst of all current carries, as you discovered. Both Ezreal and Graves are strong in lane and throughout the majority of the game. Both are also not particularly difficult to play. Ashe has great utility and initiation if you need that on your team. GL

Míley Dyrus

08-13-2012

Teemo is a carry. He does AD and AP damage and builds AS. An ASAPAD carry.
/malady+wit's end

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
Teemo is a carry. He does AD and AP damage and builds AS. An ASAPAD carry.
/malady+wit's end
Sigh, no. Teemo has an extremely weak AA steroid that deals magic damage, a very short 500 AA range, a blind which is relatively impossible to use on the enemy carry past laning phase due to his short range, no instant escape move, low base AD, and an ult which doesn't fit the bottom lane support meta.

Also, if you are building a malady you are not playing an AD carry.

It's not like you can't play him bot lane as an AD carry, but it's also not like you can't play AD Orianna bot lane.

Archadion

08-13-2012

If you're afraid of getting ganked as an ADC, all three are good. They all have counters for ganking. It basically depends on how you prefer to react to a gank.

Graves has a dodge move and his passive, which means that when you get ganked you're likely to have more surviveability than most other ranged ADCs.

Ashe has a slow on autoattack and Volley, and her ult if you really need to stop someone in their tracks, but pays for that by not having a dash move, and being relatively squishy.

Ezreal has what is essentially a shorter-ranged Flash and a skillshot enemy attack speed slow. Hit them with that and then Arcane Shift out of range.

Basically, it depends how you want to react to a gank. Graves has the least to fear due to True Grit, and has Smokescreen and Quickdraw if he needs to make a quick getaway. Running as Ashe mainly relies on kiting with frost shot over long periods of time, or hitting them with a Volley or Arrow when you're taken by surprise. Ezreal can reduce how much damage they'll be taking, and Shift to gain some extra distance.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-13-2012

If you handle him correctly, Ezreal can be nearly impossible to gank. His Q is a little bit of a built in ward. That brush in the river where junglers like to hide to gank? Send a Q into it periodically. If your passive trips and it makes a contact sound, you know someone's in there. Same with the brush along the edge of the map. I've actually gotten kills thanks to blind pokes. If they don't move, I keep hitting them until they're forced out of the brush at half health. If they don't retreat, I can usually finish them off.

Additionally, it's this blind poke ability that makes Ezreal not half bad as a solo top. I've ended up 1v2 top lane twice by accident and come out ahead of my lane opponents both times.

iDpark

08-13-2012

I've 1v2ed with sivir. SHEILD BAIT!

and teemo is a top.
I would rather play him as jungler than ADC. Map control ftw. Run tele + smite

zhengsta

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archadion View Post

Ezreal has what is essentially a shorter-ranged Flash and a skillshot enemy attack speed slow. Hit them with that and then Arcane Shift out of range.
Ezreal's E is actually longer range than flash

seredhras

08-14-2012

I like Tristana because of Rocket Jump
good for suddenly switching from defensive to offensive if they stray too close with low health plus it is a good escape

Ezreal seems like a good choice too, long range skillshots plus a blink skill; actual AA range is a little shorter than most i think though.

Because bottom lane has support it is already a safer lane from ganks than top or mid (2v1 is worse than 3v2) and often times a support can either heal you to keep you alive or peel one (or more) of the people off of you. Plus the support should be warding so you should have some warning of ganks.

thepantsparty

08-14-2012

Graves, Corki, or Ezreal are the most self-sufficient ADCs. They have burst and mobility, and Graves also has tankiness (is that a word?).