Dodging Why is it penalized.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiG Arktis

Recruiter

08-13-2012

Why is it that if you need to dodge a ranked queue, you get penalized 30 minutes? I don't understand it. Here's a scenario:

You join queue thinking "YAY SOLO QUEUE RANKED WEWT", then you get in, and your team starts arguing, they all hate each other right away (Bam bad team synergy), they choose troll champs and do something stupid like 3 ap mids cause they're mad and they all called mid. Why is it that if you choose to dodge that game, and save 5 people elo, you get penalized... I mean it takes 30 seconds to get back into another queue.

If you guys agree that the dodge timer should be only 5 minutes, cause no one is harmed, but only helped, by you dodging queue, then bump this thread, like it, and keep it going so that people may dodge and teams aren't going into games as an insta loss.

architectus

08-13-2012

they probably had problems with the about of people that dodge ques, that why they made it so.

HandnDaCookieJar

08-13-2012

but what about the opposite, when you join and have good team chemistry, and then someone on the other team dodges "because it's only 5 minutes."

MiG Arktis

Recruiter

08-13-2012

The game should be about fair match-ups. That is what riot is going for. So if one team gets lucky with match-making and the other team gets screwed over, then the game is over from the start, one team gets free elo, one team loses for no reason other than trolls.

Stopteam

08-13-2012

Queue dodging is my #1 complaint in LoL. Especially in ARAMs. I honestly with they would put a 2 hour lockout on ARAM dodgers.

ADC SENPAl

08-13-2012

Here's a scenario for you, Player "X" only wants to play a specific champion/role, he doesn't get it, he dodges.

Scenario #2 Player "X" doesn't like the other team's team comp and feels his team is at disadvantage. So he dodges and re queue's.

Scenario #3 Player "X" doesn't like his own teams team comp, so he dodges and re queue's until he finds something he likes.

I would think this would be obvious, and I'm sure there are even more reason's someone would dodge. Before you post stupid questions, try thinking it through first, and answering it yourself. This one is pretty obvious

MiG Arktis

Recruiter

08-13-2012

I'm not stupid, I thought about that already. But 30 minutes is stupidly high. 15 minutes is enough time so people don't want to dodge for no valid reason. Or the least they could do is make it so if you dodge a ranked, you can still go play a normal after 5 minutes, like it is if you dodge a normal game.