(RP)Life as a summoner - Champion summoning and control issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pigmeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

OOC: this is the first of a series of topics i want to make, regarding how my summoner sees the league and the different aspects of it, please join me posting the league through your summoner eyes, first topic: battles.

Hello my fellow summoners, after my most recent battle i found myself with some free time to kill and nothing to do with it, so i started recalling my past battles to try and figure out new strategies.

You see, im not quite trained in the summoning ways yet as some of you are, having only recently joined the League i still struggle to truly master the art for which we are called "powerful magic-wielders", i find that sometimes some of the champions dont quite agree with my way of thinking, which leads to desynchronization and lost of control..

For example, altough im quite fond of the void creature known as Kog'Maw, i usually find myself unable to control his appetite, and when in battle he sometimes wont heed my commands and go eat some random critter, getting us both in trouble.

Something similar happens when i face a champion that has some form of rivalry with my own, Kassadyn might sometimes think is more worthy to switch from our current target to any void creature at sight, and and Yi's anger at Singed always sends him running towards him, and dont make me start with Kayle and Morgana, those two will forget any command i might give them and just rush toward eachother.

Im just starting to grasp my power, and even though we are encouraged not to think of the champions as anything other than "partners", i find myself growing quite fond of some of them, maybe thats the reason i cant quite control them in the battlefield.

But there are other issues when figthing, we are told to clear our minds when summoning so we can do it properly, yet sometimes i lose focus which leads to "disconnections" and "leaves", yet when i realize what has happened i regain focus and come right back, apologizing to my allies and to the champion.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

It is indeed your feelings that betray you. Learn to control yourself, and your control of the champions will be complete as well. That being said, it can be advantageous, in particular while learning, to elect champions that have similar strategical and tactical dispositions as you, if only to lessen the damage done in case of temporarily lapses in your self control.
-Independent Researcher and Mercenary Summoner Munchlord.

Pigmeo

09-13-2010

I will heed your advice, and i have already started to practice diverse methods to increase my focus, i also have been researching into different magical sources and effects, just to have a greater knowledge of our magic.