Game dodging and broken solo que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

The dodge penalty isnt severe enough. As it stands people will try to bait a dodge when they dont get the role they want or if they feel slightly countered. This just allows players to cherry pick games they feel will be easy wins and has led to dodging being stupidly popular.

I get that you want to avoid losses but this system is too exploitable as it stands. Making it less severe will just lead to more cherry picking nonsense.

Besides. .. I believe they are already changing it and making it more severe for the future changes.

Aeonova

01-17-2013

The dodge penalty is too severe. A flat 5-10 minutes would be enough. There is way too many trolls who didn't get the role they wanted and decided to ruin the game.

sepetaiya

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyahoo1 View Post
I think the penalty right now is perfect, any less and i feel like it would be too easy to dodge. There has to be real incentive for someone to play the games out, otherwise the time gained be less dodge penalties will just be transferred to those trying to play ranked by constant dodges after 3 minutes of bans/picks. Im surprised people aren't just happy we don't lose elo anymore for dodging.
yes, people should just be happy that we dont lose elo anymore for dodging. if i had been a forumer in those days i would have been raging about it. id rather not play for a whole day and dodge 5 troll games in a row than lose the 60 elo for them.

Apollinarius

01-17-2013

Just play.

Honestly. Your elo should not be something you are desparately trying to protect. Every game can be fun, no matter how bad your team is. If your team is trollling you, mute them and play the game. Practice your CS or jungle clear or warding. Try to make cool plays. Try to have fun.

Yes, you will lose. But this is League of Legends we're talking about here. Even a bad game of League of Legends is way more fun than another video game while waiting for the dodge penalty to expire.

I'm one of those people who feel that dodge penalties are too small and that people dodge way too much. In 3 games, I typically have 5-7 dodges before the game actually starts loading. That time spent in champ select is not fun and it is wasted time. When you spend 5 minutes putting together a good team only to have someone on the other team dodge, that's not fun.

Apollinarius

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyahoo1 View Post
I think the penalty right now is perfect, any less and i feel like it would be too easy to dodge. There has to be real incentive for someone to play the games out, otherwise the time gained be less dodge penalties will just be transferred to those trying to play ranked by constant dodges after 3 minutes of bans/picks. Im surprised people aren't just happy we don't lose elo anymore for dodging.
I think it's already too easy to dodge. I get more than two dodges on average before a game starts. Ideally, I'd like it if it was no more than one dodge every three games or so.