Game dodging and broken solo que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steffdahunta

08-13-2012

Please read this thread and like/reply to it so it gets more views and hopefully gets noticed.

I know I'm a semi new player but I believe that someone even with the amount of games of ranked as I do has the correct opinion that can speak to a variety of players in all sections of elo.

Lets be honest this is to complain about dodging penalty's and wait times for dodging a ranked solo / duo game.

My opinion:
Although ranked dodges are something that can be annoying and a waste of time in my perspective the penalty's are extremely harsh for something that is a very large benefit to the community of players and there ability to not be held down by there team because they just want to play a game of league. Them not dodging then results in loss of elo from something that they could have controlled by dodging the game.

In my elo, which at the moment is only around 1100 I see these things consistently:

1. People call areas with absolutely no thoughts of what the team needs. Whether they are first or last pick, they call that zone, not caring about counters or any other consequence that can result from zoning one champion or position

2. People who call these roles will troll and feed if they are unrewarded with that position or champion

3. People will decide that they want to test new metas in the game, and its something that is not in the interest of the rest of the team.

4. Players afk in champion select and do nothing but screw over the team once in game. (Although the new patch came out to avoid this, it still does not shut it down)

Solution:
Simply match the dodge penalty's from blind with ranked. Sure if you dodge 5 games in a row then you should be punished with hours, but at that point you've wasted a lot of players time.

In honest conclusion, lets be clear that this post is not to say that I'm a pro player nor deserve to play at any higher elo, because skill level is a different issue, its avoiding the games that we know are a for sure loss before you even hit the loading screens that I think can be changed so simply.

Riot believes that punishing players with a half an hour to hours of time to not play just because they want to succeed in raising there elo, I believe that it should be a slight delay just for wasting players time, but not hours. Its not fair to people who take the game seriously and are not willing to intentionally loose because they don't have time to play for hours on end.

Please support this thread, if you don't agree express why my viewpoint can be changed but at this point of time I lack a logical reason why these penalty's are so severe

Thanks

Inariko

08-13-2012

I know there's been a lot of times where my friends and I have seen a troll, and we've seriously debated NOT dodging to avoid this person because it'd give us half an hour penalty and put a serious delay on our night. Heck, maybe if it was just half an hour on ranked, it'd be okay-- we could play a normal or a bot match and move on. But if you ask me, the half an hour penalty almost gives an incentive to troll, because you know you'd seriously mess up someone's day if they dodge.

steffdahunta

08-13-2012

Good to hear that I've been somewhat agreed with, I just think that overall people who don't want to loose deserve to dodge games.

TheDan912

08-14-2012

Do any of you guys actually think about what the consequences your ideas would have before suggesting them?

It'd be a terrible idea; it's fine the way it is. You used to take an automatic loss in elo for dodging games. The time wait is a minimal punishment to what it used to be.

If they changed it to the way you described it, games would never start because people would only play games they knew they had a clear advantage in. The delays would be even longer because the game would really never start because both sides will keep dodging until they know they have the advantage.

I'm a 1300 elo player and I commonly wait 10-20 minutes to even start a game because sometimes I get 3-4 dodges in a row before my match can even start because people won't play games they know they have a disadvantage in. Hard countered or out-comped. Can you imagine how long people have to wait if they changed it to what you suggested? Easily 1-2 hours+. There would be basically no penalty for dodging ranked, so everyone would be exploiting it to their own advantages.

Tunoko

08-14-2012

almost 1500 atm

people -starting- to get near my level, not quite able to handle me in mid yet but they don't feed me as early anymore, i think my real elo is somewhere in gold. it's been quite nice to be able to dodge trolls and games where you are COMPLETELY counterpicked. In fact, I think people should dodge more... the game below should NEVER have started, it was so in our favor it's ridiculous. every single lane counterpicked...

And yet, people still are sometimes afraid to dodge because of a 30 minute wait.

make it 10 minute riot pls

Thunderkitty

08-14-2012

Its hard to punish people that dodge when sometimes you have to dodge becuz of troll picks

bobyahoo1

08-15-2012

I think the penalty right now is perfect, any less and i feel like it would be too easy to dodge. There has to be real incentive for someone to play the games out, otherwise the time gained be less dodge penalties will just be transferred to those trying to play ranked by constant dodges after 3 minutes of bans/picks. Im surprised people aren't just happy we don't lose elo anymore for dodging.

Turncoatlol

01-16-2013

actually filling roles by pick is a nub way to go cause the people at the bottom of the pick might be bad at the roles that are left, you have to be work with ur team so that everyone is on the same level. thats why people call roles they are typically good at.

Kunovega

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turncoatlol View Post
actually filling roles by pick is a nub way to go cause the people at the bottom of the pick might be bad at the roles that are left, you have to be work with ur team so that everyone is on the same level. thats why people call roles they are typically good at.
^this

i cant play jungle, i dont know wtf is wrong with me. i'm at least ok at all 3 lanes in any other role but jungle i might as well not even attempt

i try to explain this and yet sometimes im still told "well your last you have to jungle", ok but dont blame me when i get rolled by the other teams jungler, or when i dont read your mind and know when to gank your lane, etc

Banana Dragon

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crs toastWaffle View Post
almost 1500 atm

people -starting- to get near my level, not quite able to handle me in mid yet but they don't feed me as early anymore, i think my real elo is somewhere in gold. it's been quite nice to be able to dodge trolls and games where you are COMPLETELY counterpicked. In fact, I think people should dodge more... the game below should NEVER have started, it was so in our favor it's ridiculous. every single lane counterpicked...

And yet, people still are sometimes afraid to dodge because of a 30 minute wait.

make it 10 minute riot pls
How are those counters? i guess with the graves/vayne it is a counter but a good support makes up for that. morg does not counter ahri because she can just doedge skill shot after shillshot with her ult and ascape morg ult, force morg to black sheild then you have an opening to take her down quite a bit wish a good skillshot or a foxfire or 2