Wriggle's Lantern Falling Out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thubgar

08-14-2012

the champions that really want to gank hard just arent popular right now. so the tankies and fast clearing peeps just sit on more gold.

JRotund

08-14-2012

since the jungle is now easier to clear without wriggle's, it makes more sense to start with an item that can build into something for your kit.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Most of the reason for the lesser income is because mid lanes are stealing wraiths. I get pissed off when my ally does it. Don't allow them to unless it's convenient for you both, it puts you behind.

AdmiralWin

08-14-2012

This is all very nice and all, but still doesn't really answer my question. Should I build wriggles on DPS junglers?

Betazoid

08-15-2012

As some have mentioned tanky junglers (malphite being the best example) have become more popular and their innate cc is all they need for ganks, escaping and dont need the damage, armor or unique procs offered by lantern. Philo stone, boots of speed and heart of gold in that order is the perfect early build for such junglers.

Also mentioned were the tank junglers colleagues; the hybrid, aoe damage dealing junglers (udyr and shyvana the best examples of this) who are also seen more often than say traditional lantern users (shaco). Aside from these types of jungler, I still think lantern is a great item.

Bruisers in solo top are different, I build wriggles then mercs on almost all of my solo top champs. Provides cheap, early: armor, mr, ward, sustain, farm assist.

Betazoid

08-15-2012

Warwick, shaco, nocturne yes for sure. Who else u mean by dps?

Ten Inch Rooster

08-15-2012

It really depends on which jungler I am playing. Certain champions have an item that is the key to them starting to snowball and often once you get that the match has progressed far enough that the Wriggles is no longer needed. I love jungling and use Trundle, Hecarim, Diana and Volibear (changes based on what type of roll is missing based on everyone else's pick). Trundle I 100% will always get a Wriggle's because he specializes in jungle control and owning dragon very early. Hecarim begins to snowball after The Brutalizer so if I have some solid opening successful ganks I will get Wriggles after that as The Brutalizer is cheap as is the Wriggle's. Diana I don't ever get it just because she is AD (I play her the least anyways) and Volibear who is my best jungler I always rush Warmog's which is expensive so I never end up with Wriggles although I might get claws as they are cheap and sell later.

Betazoid

08-16-2012

Volibear blows

Supersaucie

08-18-2012

Wriggle's gives you a huge boost to Dragon-killing capabilities as well as rushing Baron. Once decided to go 3 Wriggles on the team, and although it did set us back slighly, we had Baron at levels 10-14. The enemies came a few moments too late, and I would say that the Baron won us the game. It's beautiful.

Also, my main reason for grabbing it, it makes stealing enemy jungle (Mainly buffs) SO much easier and less dangerous!