Is This A Good Build?

Yes 0 0%
No 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Is My Talon Build Okay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astralll

08-12-2012

I've been playing Talon for about 3 weeks now and I have a build that goes like this.
Boots of Speed>3 Health Pots>Doran's Blade>Mercury Treads>Sheen>Hexdrinker>Bloodthirster>Trinity>Bans hee's Veil>Frozen Mallet
So my build ends as
Mercury Treads>Trinity Force>Bloodthirster>Frozen Mallet>Banshee's Veil>Hexdrinker
Is this an okay build? Or do I have to make some switches...
I'm aiming for Anti-AP mid Talon.

Boomstick II

08-12-2012

You wouldn't have very much damage with that build.

Personally, what I do, is something like this:

- Boots 3
- Dblade (1 or 2)
- Brutalizer
- Mobility boots (at this point I'm usually dominating my lane, so I gank others)
- Blood thirster

From here it depends on what you need. You may need ArP, so a LW would be good. You might be snowballing like crazy, so another BT would be okay. GA would be smart if they're starting to really go after you. Eventually you'd want to sell those mobility boots for mercs/tabi, or MAYBE cdr if you're cocky.

A final build for Talon for me would be like this:
- boots
- BT
- BT
- LW
- GA
- Maw

M3GaL0d0n

08-12-2012

I will say this build, like most others, can use some work, it's good over all, but falls short in some areas. First off, NEVER, build Trinity Force AND Frozen Mallet, the second phage costs 1400 gold, and gets you a Ruby crystal and a Long Sword in stats, for almost double the price, you also waste the passive. The only exception is if its super lategame and you have enough gold saved to switch between Trinity and Mallet to adapt to a different fight situation.
On Talon, you should probably focus on Trinity Force over Frozen Mallet, the difference is burst damage on tri-force and slightly unreliable slows, versus a lot of extra health and more consistent slows, I will say, if you can keep Red-buff secure late game, you should always take Trinity Force, unless you REALLY need the health. Since Rake gives you a free AoE slow anyways, you should be very sticky without Frozen Mallet. If you feel the need to be tankier, Aegis of the Legion is the goto item for anyone who needs to deal damage while having some fight sustain. Mobility boots are generally poor boots if you never actually need to go around the map and back constantly, normal IMS 2 boots will do just fine if you want to gank a lane or two.

From there, the normal Tanky AD hybrid items are your best bets, along with some pure damage items because you scale well with AD.

-Mercury Treads (Ninja-Tabi is mostly one good if you need to stack armor for some odd reason)
-Youmuu's Ghostblade (Remember the Active!)
-Maw of Malmortius
-Bloodthirster
-Trinity Force
-Guardian Angel

Other Good items to deal damage or get utility from are...
-Cloak and Dagger (If you didn't buy Mercury Treads)
-Aegis of the Legion (Try to avoid getting more than 1 of these on a single team, never more than 2)
-Black Cleaver (Not very popular however still an excellent item on Talon)
-Banshee's Veil (If the enemy has a strong initiator)

Hope this helps you expand your build a little bit and helps you do better, GLHF as well.

Fallenzoul

08-12-2012

I suggest to Rush Brutalizer early game, if ur outfarming/Outplaying ur enemy on lane, just buy some dorans and then brutalizer, the boots and 3 pots are fine, boots upgrade its based on ur needs, if they have hard cc's or too much ap, then take mercs, if u r getting focused by ADC or some Bruiser get Ninja Tabi, if u r winning ur lane and dominating get Ionian/Serker's, Hex its only good when they have too much AP dmg, i suggest Tri Force then A BT and some def item like Guardian/Veils

Decisive2Drill

08-13-2012

I do not feel like giving a big response, but frozen mallet is preferable over trinity force. Why? It's slow ALWAYS procs, which works off of his passive, and it gives you a little bit of attack but most importantly health to get in and out of ganking situations healthily. With a guardian angel late game the likelihood of dying becomes a more negligible concern.

That said, it largely depends on your needs. If you find they are escaping your ganks too easily, build that phage and move onto whatever you need most whether it be the sheen/zeal, or the extra survivability.

That health from fmallet is good for teamfights where someone like amumu/nunu/wukong/etc are there to do large scale crowd control.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Talon isn't an auto attack champ. Imo he should built with the idea that you're going to go in blow all your cooldowns and either kill someone or force them out of a fight.

boots 3 pots
Brutalizer
Boots of Mobility
Bloodthrister
if dominating and they're not building armor another Bloodthirster if not or they are building armor Last Whisper
whatever you didn't get above
Guardian Angel
all 3 pots and Oracles Elixir
sell Mobility for Merc Treads
sell Brutalizer for Trinity Force or another Defensive Item