Lore idea for the PvP.net client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alvinheimer

08-13-2012

I like this idea but i think it would implemented better as an "interactive journal" rather than a visual aid. Her page in the 'journal' could show her bio as well as any and all other relevant information (relationships, timelines, etc.)

I guess basically what i'm proposing is an expansion to the current lore tab of the champion overview.

Sir KickBan

08-13-2012

I cannot support this idea enough, but a bump and an upvote will have to do.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-14-2012

Thanks everyone. This is just an idea

Roman God

08-14-2012

That dose sound like a cool idea, however I fear that it will have the same problems as the Journal of Justice, that while hardcore lore fans would love to read all of the listings and interrelationships, the average user wont cutting off a huge part of the fanbase.

I argue that there should be short films or like a web series lasting around 10-40 mins to portray the lore in an interesting and awesome way. This could be done by either Riot or the fanbase or a combination of the two. It would probably be a lot more expensive then the idea of mapping out the lore, but it could be a great and unique way of doing it.

Sondalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Bump for GREAT TORM---... *cough* a red post.

justikiller

08-14-2012

Epic idea, bump fo ever!

Mestaaja

08-15-2012

+1. I support this as a lore fan. Was so sad to see the JoJ end, this might alleviate some of the pain.

Adiwik

08-31-2012

ALL I CAN SAY IS YES ^9001

you have my bow
MY AXE
MY SWORD

Sylph

Emissary of the League

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiwik View Post
ALL I CAN SAY IS YES ^9001

you have my bow
MY AXE
MY SWORD
LoL'd

Oug

08-31-2012

Disclaimer: The mere fact that you have thought this out is more than I have done to help Riot figure something out. I definitely UPVOTED this thread for that reason alone. My main goal is to provide constructive criticism as a legitimate part of this discussion. My goal in posting this is to not get downvoted, but to initiate further thought into this concept.

I hate to be a downer here, but...

Question:
How much benefit does this concept provide to the LoL lore compared to the time/money required to create it and keep it updated?
Answers
+Positive+
The relationships between characters, ideas, and city-states can be easily referenced and can entice new players to notice and begin to care about the lore. A web like this simplifies the complicated relationships between characters into one or two words that indicate a much larger background exists if one searches for it.
-Negative-
This concept fails to provide any additional lore to LoL. It simply redefines existing relationships into a skeleton format when the existing lore is already pretty lean in nature. This media format would take time/money away from producing additional lore.

Final thoughts on this method:
This is a great idea... for the future.

Right now, Riot should be focused on a delivery method of bringing new lore into the League of Legends universe. This concept does not directly add content to the lore, just provide an user-friendly access to LoL lore.

Riot needs to develop and release more depth to their lore before considering adding this functionality to their game.

Can we brainstorm a solution to the problems that I have noted (especially directed to Sylph, since this is his idea)?