Lore idea for the PvP.net client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-12-2012

Hi... I'm not sure if the Dev Team will read this, but I thought that I would share my idea any way.

There has been discussion regarding a better method / communication vehicle for communicating the rich stories that the Riot Creative Team would like to share. I know that they probably already have something in mind, but I wanted to share this with the community / dev team just in case.

Idea:
Perhaps we can introduce an additional button within the PvP.net client that would branch off the current champion page. Navigation to this section would go as follows:

PvP.net home page > Summoner Profile > Champion Tab > select champion > new [Relationships] button (tab) / section on the left.

The [Relationships] tab / button can display a number of champions who are inter-related with the selected champion, and display a number of colored lines from the champion's main portrait. Users mousing over these lines (which represent the selected champion's relationship with the connected champion) would produce a pop up box, or sub-field / window that would talk about the details behind the connection.

For example: When a user selects Katarina's [Relationships] button / tab, the screen would display Katarina's champion portrait in the middle of the screen, and colored lines (each color representing the relationship, green - ally, yellow - neutral, red - enemy). A green line could extend to Sion, and when users click on / highlight this green line between Kat and Sion's champion portrait - a mini / sub window can fade in, and talk about the side story between these 2 champions.

The same can be done with Garen (possibly a different color line), Talon (green line) etc.

I know that this could get out of control but if well organized and designed, I think that we can use the same interactive champion / relationship mapping for other champions, and just update the display accordingly. This grid could be set up similar to the current champion selection screen, and green, yellow, red boarders can be used to highlight the other champion portrait windows, just to display the relationship between those champions. Grayed out portraits can be displayed for champions that do not fall on the same, immediate timeline (similar to how they appear for champions that have yet to be unlocked on your PvP.net client account).

It could even be displayed as an interactive map of Runeterra, displaying a mini-list of champions from different areas, and a graphical breakdown from there... so many ideas and possibilities!

This would allow the Riot Team another method of communicating these rich stores between other champions, in a visual, organized method that is friendly to the end user, and dynamic enough for the necessary updates to take place.

I would be happy to talk about layout and design if interested. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,

-Sylph
Runeterra Chronicler

+1 if you think this might be a good idea (I am really just trying to help out around here), let's hear some input Lore Community!!!

PS:
I take absolutely no credit for the illustrated example that I attached, I am only including it as a way to describe what I am trying to communicate. The lines don't have to be that busy, and I think that graphically we can design the user interface to be much more clean, with the end user experience in mind.

Sondalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

I like the idea. +support

xXIskanderXx

08-12-2012

i like the idea and so much more cause you used an example from the Fate series so +1. i think it would requiere a lot of effort but it has a lot of potential if done right.

ThorRush

08-12-2012

Oh, wow - Sylph, that is excellent. Er, not likely to happen soon, but excellent. A tree, a network like that has been on fans' minds for - years, almost. Attachments have been deleted since it was done, but here's a thread, and a thread before it, about something similar:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1618336
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=248876

RelicOfThought

08-12-2012

That's a great idea! I definitely would not mind if this were implemented, Sylph.

Maybe, as an additional thought, they could add an interaction with the map of Valoran with details of champion affiliations and events/battles held in particular areas?

Paladinwtf

08-13-2012

bump

Arroo

08-13-2012

Haha yeah! We do have similar ideas. I support this, especially because my idea may have been a bit ambitious. Having a go to page for lore built into the client I think is the way to go.

webbut

08-13-2012

Or even if we could do it, and riot just uses ours if it means it gets done.

Arroo

08-13-2012

A bump for progress and a red weighing in.

Arroo

08-13-2012

Bump for justice.