WW build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Where do they "acknowledge him as one of the best junglers?" That he has the "jungler" tag means that when he was introduced they intended for him to jungle, but those tags are never updated and don't reflect power level (for example, neither Malphite nor Nautilus are tagged as junglers, but both are great at it). Warwick is bad jungler because he clears slowly and has terrible ganks pre-6 and post-6 any time his ult in on CD.
In the tips. Look please. They literally say that WW is "one of the best junglers in the game".

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
In the tips. Look please. They literally say that WW is "one of the best junglers in the game".
I had never bothered to read the champion tips since what Riot writes about a champion when they're first released and how they're actually played years later are very different.

The tips for Warwick say that he is "particularly well-suited for killing monsters in the forest." Keep in mind that there's a difference between being able to clear the jungle and actually being a good champion for jungling. He can clear the jungle without any special build or items - which for the old jungle that existed when those tips were written actually meant something - but in this iteration of the jungle his slow clear speed and terrible ganks make him one of the most useless junglers in the game.

monstahtron

08-13-2012

I think at the moment I have something like a 75% win ratio with WW. He's my jungler of preference because he is the most forgiving. You are definitely doing it wrong because we can clear jungle with no leashes at all. This is what I run for runes+masteries.
Flat attack damage reds, flat armor yellows, magic resist /level blues, and flat attack damage quints. For masteries I go 21/8/1. Masteries are very flexible on WW. He is one of the most felxible junglers in the game he can go full tank and be a huge sponge late game or he can build off tank and deal incredible damage. For summoner spells if I jungle I go smite and exhaust, but if I lane I go flash exhaust. In my opinion exhaust is a must on him because if you have exhaust and your ultimate off of cooldown then you can essentially disable 2 out of 5 guys and their team. Or insure 1 kill for your team. For build I go boots and 3 pots for the mobility, then rush razors and then my mercs. Razors provide decent damage and armor to carry you along well, then I go into an early phage if we're behind the other team. If we're ahead I'll rush my madreds. Randuins is almost always a must on him because of his ease of getting into the enemy group...with tems he's really flexible. If you're losing then tank, if you're winning then off tank or full damage. NEVER go crit on WW because its a waste. Your job is to disrupt the teamplay by ulting in on a carry popping randuins as soon as you finish your ult and if hes still not dead exhaust him and stick to the squishies. Practice makes a perfect WW.

monstahtron

08-13-2012

And as a response to everyone saying ww is a ****ty jungler I would have to completely disagree. Sure he does have a slow early game but mid game his ganks are killer when executed well. Late game his disruption to an enemies team is just brutal, like I said above you ultimate on a carry, then randuins and exhaust the carry if they're still not dead. I alone am capable of disabling one guy, 2 if the carry goes down quick enough and slowing the rest of them. WW has excellent initiation late game and its on a fairly short cooldown.

Directw

08-13-2012

WW was one of the best junglers due to his sustain. Since Riot Nerf the jungle awhile ago, sustain is not top priority for jungler anymore.

Now back to OP's post.

Personally, I like tanky build for WW. (Actually, I like to build mostl melee champion tanky). Items I normally used are as followed:

Mercury's Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Wit's End
Madred's Bloodrazor
Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel

Thanias1

08-14-2012

Ok, thanks for the help everyone (xept the people who just came in here and said that WW sucks and you shouldn't play as him).

One more question, I see monsthatron likes to build up with runes and masteries, but shouldn't I go AS with those? My thoughts on this would be that they would maximize your use of the passive in the early game while jungling.

Also, to all you people that say WW is horrible at ganking, I remind you of E. WW gets quite a big movement speed boost with E, AND he get's vision of anybody that is on low health within a certain radius. This allows WW to chase INCREDIBLY well, and if they try to recall behind their turret in some brush, you can ambush them out of the forest to finish them off. I've gotten TONS of kills that way, I really have.

Anyways, so yeah, keep the (positive) feedback coming please!

Thanias1

08-14-2012

Quote:
One more question, I see monsthatron likes to build up with runes and masteries,
Sorry, I meant that he likes to build up AD with runes and masteries.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
Also, to all you people that say WW is horrible at ganking, I remind you of E. WW gets quite a big movement speed boost with E, AND he get's vision of anybody that is on low health within a certain radius. This allows WW to chase INCREDIBLY well, and if they try to recall behind their turret in some brush, you can ambush them out of the forest to finish them off. I've gotten TONS of kills that way, I really have.
You mean the ability that speeds him up but ALSO lets the other team know he's coming if they didn't ward? Yeah...

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-14-2012

Quote:
You mean the ability that speeds him up but ALSO lets the other team know he's coming if they didn't ward? Yeah...
The E is passive and can be deactivated. A good Warwick turns it off when he's coming to gank (and doesn't take it till level 4 anyway). Turns it on as he's running to the enemy (after they already see him).

EDIT: Although, yes, Warwick's ganks pre-6 are subpar compared to basically every other jungler.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-14-2012

Quote:
Please read my post about turning it off when you don't want it on...