WW build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

08-12-2012

Ello everyone, I'm just trying to get better at jungling, and I thought up of a WW build, but I was wondering if anyone else had better WW jungling builds.

Here's mine:

Start off with Cloth and 5 health pots
then go to boots of speed
then madred's razors
followed by mercury treads
now a wits end
followed by a madreds's bloodrazor
then a bloodthirster
and finally, something tanky to round out the build, Frozen heart, Force of Nature, something like that.

I like the build, but I'm not sure on a few things, like should I get the wit's end or Bloodrazer first?

NOTE: I haven't really tested this yet, and I'm a horrible jungler.

Any feedback?

Palmerfan

08-12-2012

Warwick is not a good jungler because of his weak speed. He does, however, have good sustain. You should never start cloth 5 on him, try a longsword or boots and pots instead. Build a wriggles lantern out of the madred's razors. instead of bloodrazor. Other than that, not a bad build. Just replace the bloodrazor with something tanky (I am a fan of frozen mallet on WW).

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-12-2012

I start with Long Sword (the other item needed to build into Madred's) and one health pot. WW has enough passive life steal.

I prefer Beserker's Greaves to any other boots on Warwick.

Then I'll finish off Madred's Razor after boots 2.

Zeal is next.

After Zeal, it depends on what I'm up against and what my team comp is though. I build a lot of the on-hit items though. Black Cleaver, Wit's End, and Malady.

Madred's Bloodrazor is one of the last items I'll build unless they're really tanky.

Eventually I will finish out Phantom Dancer.

Thanias1

08-13-2012

You guys keep talking about WW's lifesteal, but it's rather weak in the early game, and it's tough to take on the Blue Golem to start. Honestly, Palmer, I don't get you're build at all. You say WW sucks at jungling? Riot acknowledges him as one of the best junglers... Anyways, Pogo x4, your build makes sense, thanks for the help!

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
You guys keep talking about WW's lifesteal, but it's rather weak in the early game, and it's tough to take on the Blue Golem to start. Honestly, Palmer, I don't get you're build at all. You say WW sucks at jungling? Riot acknowledges him as one of the best junglers... Anyways, Pogo x4, your build makes sense, thanks for the help!
With Warwick you can start with no health pots, and no leash can clear the entire jungle with full health >.> I dont know what your doing but your doing it wrong

Thanias1

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syferfyre View Post
With Warwick you can start with no health pots, and no leash can clear the entire jungle with full health >.> I dont know what your doing but your doing it wrong
do you even use WW? At lvl 1, if I try to take on the ancient golem with just a longsword, I die. Now I start with the W first, and I get Q lvl 2, and the Q is what keeps my health up. I get Q again lvl 3, and at that point, I'm able to get the golem. So please, don't just say that I'm doing it wrong, please tell me WHAT I'm doing wrong.

If you get Q level 1, then you won't deal a sufficient amount of damage to the golem to kill it, and it will do enough damage to you in between hits to kill you.

E obviously won't help at lvl 2 (I usually get it when I'm ready to gank lvl 4 or so)

So I go with W, which makes full use of the passive to deal the bonus magic damage, but the lifesteal (technically spell vamp) just isn't enough to take on the Blue at lvl 1.

Sedris15

08-13-2012

Quote:
do you even use WW? At lvl 1, if I try to take on the ancient golem with just a longsword, I die. Now I start with the W first, and I get Q lvl 2, and the Q is what keeps my health up. I get Q again lvl 3, and at that point, I'm able to get the golem. So please, don't just say that I'm doing it wrong, please tell me WHAT I'm doing wrong.

If you get Q level 1, then you won't deal a sufficient amount of damage to the golem to kill it, and it will do enough damage to you in between hits to kill you.

E obviously won't help at lvl 2 (I usually get it when I'm ready to gank lvl 4 or so)

So I go with W, which makes full use of the passive to deal the bonus magic damage, but the lifesteal (technically spell vamp) just isn't enough to take on the Blue at lvl 1.
then you need to redo your masteries friend, with the right masteries warwick can take on teh blue golem by himself with his w lvl 1 no problem, i use long sword or dagger (dagger to proc your passive more) and 1 pot and i get blue buff no problem

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-13-2012

All of you are doing it wrong.

WW is a bit slow in the jungle due to his low early damage. To compensate for this start with BOOTS and pots X3 instead of sword or armor. never ever start with armor. This also allows you to lvl 2 gank/harass whereas if you don't have boots you will just run in, wave 'hello' and leave.
The reason we get potions is because it is a little easy to get countered if we aren't at full health, it also makes countering their jungle safer to be at full hp instead of 2/3 or 3/4.
Yes his passive is enough to take on blue at lvl 1. WTF are you talking about? Are you wasting smite on wolves? What runes?

Build-
Boots/pots.
Re curved Bow / Phage (phage first if your team has no CC).
Berserkers, mobility, Mercurys (depends on my mood/their team)
Vampiric Scepter
Wits End or Ionic Spark
Spirit Visage
Frost Mallet
Chain Vest into sunfire or thornmail (or both).

Other options- Force of Nature, Madreds, Ionic Spark, Malady, Black Clever, Wit's End, Sorcerors shoes (if building On Hit dmg build), bloodthirster (almost always replace Visage with BT late game).
Notes- If you are relying on passive to keep your health up you MUST buy attack speed first. If you are one of those 'zomg must rush madreds' players buy recurved bow before pickaxe.
Wit's End is best for like 90% of enemy team compositions, but if they have no AP other than mid I like the HP from IS. Both in a full dmg build is awesome
There are very few times when rushing Madreds is good. Their team would have to be ultra tanky for that. Something like- Morde Mid, Nasus Top, Shyvana Jungle and Alistar Support. And even then it can wait...

Path-
Wolves, blue, THEIR big golem, Gank/harass, Wolves, Their big Wraith (or wolf), Your wraiths, Red, Gank, our golems, Gank gank gank.

Notes-If their jungle has little survibility gank him when he goes to red, you probably won't kill him unless he is done but you can send him home without his red keeping your team from being ganked for 2 minutes. You can usually get first blood by calling over the top or ADC to jump him with you. Noone ever expects to get counter jungled by a warwick.

Skills-
W, Q, E, E, Q, R, then max R, E, Q in that order.

WTF maxing E? yes max your E. Aside from your ult you have no closer. Proper use of E (i.e. TURN IT OFF when you aren't immediately ready to gank) gets you kills and assists. It's also ok to let your lanes get the kills, our build isn't particularly expensive.
You are also an amazing diver if you go around and come in behind to smack them after they were harassed by your carries. Just don't get stunned at a tower.
Obv if you are going to not gank until you have ultimate like a sissy then W, Q, E, Q, Q, R is the build order, but get second rank of E at level 7.

Summoner spells-
Smite- is a must, we jungle too slowly without it.
Ignite- great for tower diving , Q, Ignite, Run gets me sooo many kills
Flash- Great to initiate lvl 2-5 fights. Also great to jump over walls to grab that ezreal who thought he flashed away from you.
Ghost- haven't tried it, I find it unecessary when I max E and build Phage
Exhaust- just don't like it on this guy. Great debuff sure but it doesn't fix any of WWs problems (low dmg, closing). If you max E you don't need it to chase so... yea...

Masteries-
9/21/0

POGO-
I kind of like your idea to build zheal, but I think end game i'd just sell it for something else. Isn't PD lackluster on WW? All the crit stats are pretty much wasted.

Thanias1

08-13-2012

I haven't bought any runes. Anyways, I haven't played as WW in a while, so I'll talk more after I've played him a bit more. Any suggestions for Runes?

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
You say WW sucks at jungling? Riot acknowledges him as one of the best junglers
Where do they "acknowledge him as one of the best junglers?" That he has the "jungler" tag means that when he was introduced they intended for him to jungle, but those tags are never updated and don't reflect power level (for example, neither Malphite nor Nautilus are tagged as junglers, but both are great at it). Warwick is bad jungler because he clears slowly and has terrible ganks pre-6 and post-6 any time his ult in on CD.