Udyr, AD or AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Hey guys, I don't know if this will sound noobish or not, but I was wondering if Udyr should be built with AD or AP. All of his abilities are scaled off of AP, but it seems like AD would be a better, more reliable way to go. Any feedback?

Thanks

THANIAS OUT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Tanky build

Usually with Wit's end and frozen heart etc. you do damage from your passive on skills and just be as tanky as possible to build a strong front line thus disrupt the enemy carry from doing damage to your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Tanky build

Usually with Wit's end and frozen heart etc. you do damage from your passive on skills and just be as tanky as possible to build a strong front line thus disrupt the enemy carry from doing damage to your team.
So the goal is to get high attack speed/ad? Kinda like WW?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskKarthus

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
So the goal is to get high attack speed/ad? Kinda like WW?
Yes, udyr should be tankier than ww, because he doesn't have the lifesteal passive, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanias1

Senior Member

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
Yes, udyr should be tankier than ww, because he doesn't have the lifesteal passive, though.
WW doesn't technically have a lifesteal passive. His passive does bonus magic damage-and this magic damage replenishes WW's health. Also, isn't Udyr better off with his Turtle stance which replenishes both health and mana?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raddex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2012

IMO, the only real damage items you can build on him are FR, Atma's, Wit's End, Tri Force and Guinsoo's Rageblade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jäger von James

Junior Member

04-06-2013

Build it AP for Jungle, or AD Tanky for lane


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doomed2death

Senior Member

04-06-2013

Hybrid tank.
Wit's End, Trinity Force for offense.
Warmog's, Bulwark for defense.

Udyr only needs damage early. Later, his stun and utility and AoE clears give him enough presence