Executioner's calling

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WingWangs

Junior Member

08-12-2012

Please remake this item. I played against a team of heal supports with 2 heal summoner spells. No one on our team got executioner's calling even though it would seem to fit perfectly in that game. It just doesnt do enough and doesnt scale into late game because it's build tree ends there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Certified

Senior Member

08-12-2012

You're wrong, it scales great on an AD carry, problem is that the AD carry would need good positioning to be able to get in close, apply the DeBuff to the correct target, but then not die...

It actually scales evenly with Blood Thirster for anyone with an IE, considering it's cost...
It has more utility than Blood Thirster...
It doesn't need to be stacked/stacks aren't lost upon death


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cocona Vatel

Senior Member

08-13-2012

just needs its active changed to on active your attacks for the next 3 seconds inflict grevious wounds


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyric Elf View Post
just needs its active changed to on active your attacks for the next 3 seconds inflict grevious wounds
Not a good idea. That ties it directly to the champion's range which means that its usefulness is restrected based on which champion you are using.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cocona Vatel

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Not a good idea. That ties it directly to the champion's range which means that its usefulness is restrected based on which champion you are using.
all of which are greater than its current active range

edit: didnt think of mellee my bad,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polturguist

Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyric Elf View Post
all of which are greater than its current active range

edit: didnt think of mellee my bad,
you could set the minimum range to its current range and if your range is longer then it's range is longer?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

Senior Member

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polturguist View Post
you could set the minimum range to its current range and if your range is longer then it's range is longer?
Better to just increase the range if it is too low.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImpTaimer

Senior Member

08-13-2012

I don't think they'll change it without increasing the cooldown or reducing the duration.

You can't make the healing reduction passive or it'll be too powerful and mandatory.

However, I'd love if the item built from Avarice Blade + Vampiric Scepter.

What I wouldn't mind is if they changed the DoT to physical and made it so the target left a bloody trail that revealed the target like Noxian Diplomacy. Even if they baked it onto the cooldown instead of it being passive, I'd still use it as a ghetto Ignite that prevented an enemy champion from abusing brush to avoid attacks, or cleverly flashing into an unexpected direction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasulril

Senior Member

08-15-2012

Executioner's calling is great as-is imo. I tend to prefer it over Bloodthirster because it gives good lifesteal without needing to stack up, can burn a tanky champ pretty good, and the crit is nice. I particularly like using it for melees like Darius, since you can be focused so much that keeping the stacks on a Thirster is difficult without an amazing support.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing an upgrade beyond it. Since it already has Lifesteal and Crit and a nice active, the question is should it get AD, Attack Speed, or more Crit? Too much more lifesteal would be OP imo.
Perhaps for a final form

Executioner's Destiny - Slightly higher stats than Calling currently gives in addition to notably higher crit or AD or AS, the Active ability from Calling and in addition...
Passive : places a stacking debuff on hit, reducing healing and regain on the weilder's current target by 7%, stacking up to three times.

Would give a little more impact if used with the Active, or help counter some sustain-strong champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Certified

Senior Member

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasulril View Post
Executioner's calling is great as-is imo. I tend to prefer it over Bloodthirster because it gives good lifesteal without needing to stack up, can burn a tanky champ pretty good, and the crit is nice. I particularly like using it for melees like Darius, since you can be focused so much that keeping the stacks on a Thirster is difficult without an amazing support.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing an upgrade beyond it. Since it already has Lifesteal and Crit and a nice active, the question is should it get AD, Attack Speed, or more Crit? Too much more lifesteal would be OP imo.
Perhaps for a final form

Executioner's Destiny - Slightly higher stats than Calling currently gives in addition to notably higher crit or AD or AS, the Active ability from Calling and in addition...
Passive : places a stacking debuff on hit, reducing healing and regain on the weilder's current target by 7%, stacking up to three times.

Would give a little more impact if used with the Active, or help counter some sustain-strong champs.
Finally someone else who sees ExCa as an equal to BT...
Also, Nice suggestion, the stacking DeBuff is a good way of improving the item without making it OP...
However, the passive + the active... would they stack additively or multiplicatively?
I think that more Crit or LifeSteal would both be OP, considering how highly effective ExCa already is, but perhaps adding more AS + that passive would make it slightly more appealing... If it had a minor, balanced upgrade path, the community might start to realize how good ExCa is right now...


12