Entery level computer jobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeaderAlan

09-02-2010

I love computers and almost ever aspect, but I do not know were to start my career.
Any ideas?

SpeedJump

Adjudicator

09-02-2010

College?

LeaderAlan

09-02-2010

Yes, I am correcntly in college.
If that was what your asking.
Takeing basic computer classes.
As of what the offer job wise, I have no idea.

Saffire

09-02-2010

Your question is a little odd. Are you looking to go into programming? IT? Database administration? Networking? Web design? There's tons of career paths that fall under "working with computers". If you don't know what you want to go into, then your first step is to sit down with your advisor and start talking through the options.

LeaderAlan

09-02-2010

(Any) entry level job will be acceptable.

Adamantas

09-02-2010

If u study engineering there are a lot of fields you can specialize on

Probably you can go for computer science

LeaderAlan

09-02-2010

(entry level job)
No Proviouse experience.
Or even schooling in some reguards.

Romally

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderAlan View Post
I love computers and almost ever aspect, but I do not know were to start my career.
Any ideas?
What you need to do first is make a list of your strengths and weaknesses in the CIS field. Those weaknesses need to be re-enforced with extra studying. Try to get involved with news sites such as PC World or Insider Tech. Speak to your college advisor about possible internship programs the school may have themselves, or have with other local companies. Another good place to increase your value as a potential employee, is to take certification programs such as the 3 basic CompTIA certs: A+, Network+ and Security+.

Build your resume, and be honest in your resume. Your best chances at an entry level position in the CIS field involve either PC repair, or data entry. Keep searching and searching and fighting for a position as an intern. Stay at that internship for at least a year or two, or until you leave college. Then try to establish a position within the government, or continue your training in a volunteer associations such as Peace Corps.

Good Luck.

RiotBuster

09-03-2010

Walk into Discovery Channel headquarters with a bomb strapped to you,And tell them you want a computer job.

SNAVA

09-03-2010

www.usajobs.gov