Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morgana Support Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velpro

08-12-2012

Why is'nt this a thing?

I occassionally see Lux as support bot, but have never seen a support Morgana. Morgana is basically an 'evil' Lux. She has a very similar skillset. She has a bind, an AoE debuff, a shield that 'disables' disables (lol) and an ultimate that can stun the whole enemy team. Seriously, what makes her unplayable bot as a support?

Spiral Shark

08-12-2012

It's the fact that there's pretty much no way to play her without going at least partially dps. As a support bot Morg, you could potentially ignore her pool, but then all she is is a snarebot on a moderately long cooldown, and is wasting the majority of her effectiveness.

You could still go support Morg if you really desired to, but there are better places to put her and better people to put in her place and fulfill the same niche.

PlayWithMe69

08-12-2012

Because she's just so great mid. The only time I'd see her go bot is to counter blitzcrank, or busrt AD casters who deal good magic damage.

Velpro

08-12-2012

Ofcourse she has a ton of potential to do dps, but i dont see how that's a bad thing. I mean she still has the snare/shield and AoE debuff. I feel like no one remembers that her pool debuffs people. It debuffs enemy MR which can really affect teamfights if placed effectively. Also her ult stun+dmg can really break an enemy team up to own a teamfight. Please tell me im not the only one that sees the potential.

Cenerae

08-12-2012

Black Shield is great, and counters a lot of stun lane combos pretty nicely.

Unfortunately, to get the most out of Morg, you need her to be durable enough to dive into the enemy team, ult, and survive until the stun portion triggers. That's tricky to do on a support's budget, since you cant really go and buy a Rod of Ages or an Hourglass. Otherwise all she ends up as is a shieldbot with a root. That's not really amazing for teamfights.

Fargo79

08-12-2012

as a player who mains Morgana.. i very rarely use her as a support bot.. and when i do its cause there is a troll on our team who demands a lane and i have to move around to fix it... but all in all Morg is a tough champ to play support based on the fact that even her shield needs a decent amount of AP for it to last any kind of magic damage attack.. yes her ulti is great.. and her snare is nice.. but if she is under farmed and not getting gold from kills... then she will not be as useful late game.. i do play Lux SEMI support bot.. what is SEMI support? well u poke them back while yer carry farms.. but after lanign phase is done u go into a AP carry mode.. farm aand get heavy items.. usually works... is tough when enemy team goes beefy bot lane.. but all in all the build works.