Can someone mentor me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Well, heres what mentoring is: someone adds me and we go to some games, he tells me what are my mistakes are and guides me.

I have a mic, skype, mumble, teamspeak, ventrilo, steam and i am a pleasant guy to talk to.

Can someone good add me in-game and mentor me? But i want someone who is seriously good, not like the other time where instead of mentoring me he 1vs1'd me and i killed him over and over again.

Please, i need some help!

I am from Europe. Greece to be precise, if it matters. But its holidays now for me so i also play at US times, so if you are from the US and are willing to help, please do not hesitate to add me, you will find me.

SullenEyes

05-30-2011

To help you find a suitable mentor, would you please explain what exactly are you looking to work on? If you're not sure what your weaknesses are (hey, sometimes we all get to that "I don't know what I'm doing wrong?!?" point), what do you feel that you do right/well?

You might also check over in the new player forum. There are a few "mentor schools" that are active and full of friendly people who want to help.

Some examples of the basics that are harder than they look include:
- Last hitting (or last hitting under towers)
- Warding
- Simply not getting ganked
- General map awareness
- Timing for using abilities
- Jungling
- Learning when to push and when not to
- Lane control
etc.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Well, thing is, i am not a new player, i simply took long breaks from LoL in the past, i am here since Garen time.

I also play HoN, which is supposed to be harder than LoL, but i find HoN easier than LoL, but a few very good HoN players, after watching me play via replays (they are nonexistant here) they said that i dont have good Map Awareness and that my Last Hitting isnt as good as its supposed to be, especially for HoN, where last-hitting is 100% important unless you are playing support, where denying is a must, as well as warding, creep-pulling and etc...

I am a very good support player in HoN, even very good players (1700+ HoN MM Rating) said that im an excellent support player, but in here i cant find a good support similar to the ones in HoN, and warding here is much, much different than HoN.

Needless to say i am aiming to become a good player in both games, some say that if you are good at HoN you will stomp LoL players, but i disagree, yes, i did become better by playing HoN, mainly at landing Skill Shots and about Last-Hitting, and some Map Awareness and positioning and stuff like that, but i disagree about HoN players > LoL players in general.

SullenEyes

05-30-2011

Obviously, LoL and HoN are two different games in the genre, with different mechanics and playstyles. How can we help you get better at LoL? Can you please be specific to LoL so that people who can help you know what help you're looking for?

costas84

05-30-2011

Both games are similar, except for some game mechanics, so the same rules apply here, i am not good at last hitting and at being aware of the map.

I just need mentoring in general, not specific help, i just need someone to tell me what i did wrong, what can i do to fix my mistakes, what i need to get better at, even though i kinda know at what, and etc..

costas84

05-30-2011

Bump.

Icarus Penna

05-31-2011

You want map awareness, play ganking jungler, or champs with globals (TF and Shen), you'll learn to watch your lane and other location, seeking chance to gank, or to help teammate.

It helps me, especially when jungling.

NickPham

05-31-2011

Add me. I'm kind of mean and have an aggressive teaching style, but with your background I don't think you'll be too bad. I've helped out a lot of my friends start this game.

I can save you some time reading stuff on the forum at the very least.

costas84

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPham View Post
Add me. I'm kind of mean and have an aggressive teaching style, but with your background I don't think you'll be too bad. I've helped out a lot of my friends start this game.

I can save you some time reading stuff on the forum at the very least.
I added you but you rejected.

And you keep rejecting the request, i thought you wanted me to add you?

SickSkillZ

05-31-2011

Kwsta eipes oti paizeis ston US etsi? An 8es kane me add ign:SickSkillz kai se boh8aw egw...