Riot needs to fix the matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zynergy

08-12-2012

Okay so not everyone will agree with me, but I can't count the number of times I've done a solo que and gotten such bad teams.I've checked their levels and they're all lvl 30 like me, but they all far less wins then me. When I checked the enemy team, they had closer wins to me and of course the had won the game. as anyone noticed this too? Or was it just me?

AlphariusRising

08-12-2012

The problem is if the matchmaking system only allows people within, say, 25 of your normal game Elo, you will be sitting in queue for hours, because at any given time there might not be 9 other people that close to you.

Botonsito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

IF you Have 500 wins but 600 loses.
You will be matched with people with the same differense between their wins and loses.

Best Furry NA

08-12-2012

I think the real problem is the simplicity of what is done.

It matches you up by Elo. Elo is Kills/Deaths/Assists ratio. Not wins or losses.

So, let's say you have good Elo. Bad loss streak-- you're with people that you can carry by your K/D/A ratio, but not enough to win. Instead, it would try to put you in a team that you could carry with K/D/A ratio, yet would carry you by their win ratio. What does that mean? Maybe they communicate better. Maybe they're simply having a better streak of luck-- maybe it will rub off on you. Maybe the way teams are synergizing that day, they can carry you, while you continue on.

Let's say you have good communication and participate in team fights enough to win matches, but are too bad of a player to have a high Elo rating on your own. This system could fix that too.

All in all, I really think that there should be a combined Elo and Win/Loss system.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

I almost always get a super great team in normals... I can just feel all troll-like and they carry...
How about you go into a normal game and think about trolling? Instead of saying "awww man I'm gonna get a bad team again", say/think about "I might get a good team! If not I can just troll with them!"

Cha Shin Hoon

Senior Recruiter

08-12-2012

Though you can't view it anymore, there is still "normal ELO".

Shashakiko

08-12-2012

I doubt normal elo works that well anymore...for smurfs anyways lol

Cha Shin Hoon

Senior Recruiter

08-12-2012

On smurfs I always stomp 'til level 5, then I start getting matched pretty much exclusively with smurfs.

Shashakiko

08-12-2012

Same, but even if you lose all your first games you still get matched with smurfs.. who still pretty much suck, but are smurfs.

AlphariusRising

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
It matches you up by Elo. Elo is Kills/Deaths/Assists ratio. Not wins or losses.
It is exactly the opposite.