Could an AS/AD Teemo work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

08-12-2012

I'm trying to make a teemo build that focuses less on on hit damage, but more on AD damage while still being somewhat tanky.

Black Cleaver
Wits End
Bloodrazor
Trinity Force or Phantom Dancer
(situational AD or tanky item)

A bit more expensive than his usual build, but he still 2 on hit effects from madreds and wits end (plus his R passive), plus some survivabiity from both items, he should do a bit more damage lategame when people are stacking magic resistance.

The only problem I see is the lack of hp. I'm trying to figure that one out.

Cenerae

08-12-2012

That is still more or less an onhit build.

It would probably work ok, but it'd take a lot of farming to get those items and you'd be squishy.

GatorHatur

08-12-2012

Teemo cannot really be tanky to put it bluntly... Your best to position yourself better and build a straight carry build if want max ad output...

b greaves
infinity edge
phantom dancer x 2 (replace one with madreds if they are health heavy)
blood thirster x 2 (replae one with last whisperer if they have a lot of armor)

PlayWithMe69

08-12-2012

Go top lane.

Wriggles
Armor Boots(or merc treads if cc is heavy)
Wits End
Phage ---> Frozen Mallet
Hextech Gunblade
Guardian Angel.

Teemo build I always use. It works wonders.

Directw

08-13-2012

glass canon is not working well on Teemo.
His attack range is too short and too easy to be focused

Míley Dyrus

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
I'm trying to make a teemo build that focuses less on on hit damage, but more on AD damage while still being somewhat tanky.

Black Cleaver
Wits End
Bloodrazor
Trinity Force or Phantom Dancer
(situational AD or tanky item)

A bit more expensive than his usual build, but he still 2 on hit effects from madreds and wits end (plus his R passive), plus some survivabiity from both items, he should do a bit more damage lategame when people are stacking magic resistance.

The only problem I see is the lack of hp. I'm trying to figure that one out.
If you aren't going to take advantage of Teemo's poison, why use him? Get a champ like Graves.
BTW, with Malady's passive + 10% magic pen mastery + 13ish magic pen in runes, and a Haunting Guise if they're being mean and building magic resist, a very large portion of your poison gets through.

Fat Mchugelarge

08-13-2012

How much defense does he need to now be "too squishy"? At level 13, with Madreds Razor, Merc Treds, and Wits end, I usually have around 103 armor and 124 magic resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
If you aren't going to take advantage of Teemo's poison, why use him? Get a champ like Graves.
I am focusing on it a bit, which is the reason why I'm building AS on him, plus at least 20 MP (from runes and mastery). I assume poison doesn't scale that well with ability power (but he gets a bit from trinity force if go down that route). From what I understand, on hit doesn't scale well late game, but I figured it will be alright if I focus on a bit more AD and penetration in addition to the on hit damage.

Cenerae

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
How much defense does he need to now be "too squishy"? At level 13, with Madreds Razor, Merc Treds, and Wits end, I usually have around 103 armor and 124 magic resistance.

I am focusing on it a bit, which is the reason why I'm building AS on him, plus at least 20 MP (from runes and mastery). I assume poison doesn't scale that well with ability power (but he gets a bit from trinity force if go down that route). From what I understand, on hit doesn't scale well late game, but I figured it will be alright if I focus on a bit more AD and penetration in addition to the on hit damage.
Yeah, his poison doesn't scale well with AP at all - though I believe the ratio's getting buffed next patch.

Nykidemus

08-13-2012

That's really the issue. Poison is not an AD buff. It doesnt benefit from your Crit chance, armor pen, any of the things that characters who normally want to be stacking AD stuff get.

Thus, it doesnt help as much to get an infinity, as the poison cant crit. Last whisper doesnt benefit him as much as a pure AD champ, as the poison wont benefit from the armor pen. It DOES scale with attack speed, as do most on-hit gear pieces, hence most people building him that way.

I find a hybrid Attack Speed / AP stuff works pretty decently, but it takes a lot of money to make work.

iDpark

08-13-2012

I love AP/AS teemo + a frozen mallet for MOAR UTILITi