Shen.. help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nichomachus

08-12-2012

Rylais or Frozen Malet?

and why..?

KillerBeatz33

08-12-2012

Rylais is an excellent choice because it will allow you to kite effectively. In addition, Shen's AP scales well and is present on all his skills. If you were to buy a phage, it would be much more useful in a triforce with the sheen/zeal combo and then a warmogs. That's just my opinion, it also depends on the type of team you're facing and what skills your allies have.

For more information on Shen see my guide posted below.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2463426

M3GaL0d0n

08-12-2012

This is the difference between extra tanking power (Crystal Scepter), and extra slow potential (Mallet).

I just took part in a long debate discussing this and will refer you to it to avoid repeating myself...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2451000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBeatz33 View Post
Rylais is an excellent choice because it will allow you to kite effectively. In addition, Shen's AP scales well and is present on all his skills. If you were to buy a phage, it would be much more useful in a triforce with the sheen/zeal combo and then a warmogs. That's just my opinion, it also depends on the type of team you're facing and what skills your allies have.

For more information on Shen see my guide posted below.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2463426
Shen isn't a champion who does well with Tri-force, nor does he ever kite enemies, Frozen mallet is a better item as he needs the sustain from it, and the slow. However, Crystal Scepter and Phage shouldn't be built at the same time, it's a waste.

That is all unless you have more questions.

KillerBeatz33

08-12-2012

Phage also gives a percentage chance to slow. Along with the bonus attack speed from the zeal and his taunt, he has more than enough time to active the slow from the phage without having to upgrade it to the frozen mallet

FaerellG

08-12-2012

I would rather have the consistent slow than higher DPS and a "chance" to slow.
Remember, even as a Bruiser, your goal is to prevent the enemy carrys from being able to get away or get to your squishies. Whether you accomplish that by CC or gap closers doesn't really matter, but you need to be able to do it, so you're pretty reliant on that on-hit slow. I wouldn't make it unreliable by going Tri-force.

I wouldn't want to go in to peel, and hit the guy but not have the slow proc. That could be a game changer since the bruiser diving your carry likely has mallet as well. So if they hit your carry once, they're slowed and can't get away.

XCodes

08-12-2012

Frankly, Triforce is a lot of gold on a lot of stuff that, while it's not useless on Shen, is not terribly useful. Shen doesn't need the damage proc on Triforce, the critical damage, or the bonus mana, but he does need a consistent slow from Mallet.

Fallenzoul

08-12-2012

Scepter is to Help ur team with ur ult cuz it scale with AP, plus brings a slow with ur q

Phage Give u some DPS, and a potential Slow on hit

But i suggest to buy Randuins, it has better sinergy with ur Taunt and can be gambreaking on Teamfight if u hit the ADC or bruiser

Cenerae

08-13-2012

Rylai's gives you a ranged slow, but you'll have it tied soley to your Q.

Mallet gives you a melee ranged slow with no limitations on when you can use it.

Mallet gives you more health, Rylai's makes your shields a little stronger. Both are useful, both depend on what you need at the time.

GreatPotato2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

you really only build tri as a last luxury item when you have all of your other bases covered and just want some noticeable dmg (your role isnt to deal dmg though)