Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Slow typing in PvP.net chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil Graves

11-11-2009

When I type into group or private chat windows in the PvP.net client, it only shows/updated the characters I've typed once a second. It feels a bit like the framerate is really slow, since the yellow pulsing bar under my summoner name is cycling very slowly.

This was after I had tried to create a match but couldn't, (see the firewall error message thread).

I shutdown PvP.net and restarted it, and when I came back the typing and bar pulsing were back to normal speed. I was able to play a match and when I returned to PvP.net the typing and pulsing were still good. Maybe just a weird case where you leave or can't connect to a game.

Thought I'd report it anyhow...

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-11-2009

This was pretty common, but they thought they fixed most of the PVP.net client bugs in the last patch. A Rioteer def needs to see this to make sure it's investigated for the next one.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

11-11-2009

A workaround for this is to minimize and then remaximize pvp.net

we have a fix coming soon.

EVILTeddy

11-13-2009

I noticed this error as well. Also the chat game window still very slow. I cannot type normally because there is still that lag which prevents from typing fast ...