Calling roll in champ select means ****!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soulvomit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthonaxx View Post
You are just the type of ****** I dont like to get. Why would you not let someone play a role they are more comfortable with, and jeprodize your chances of winning.

If my team needs me to play support. I will.

Winning > playing mid.
Having fun > winning > playing w/e imo.

If the only way you have fun is winning then you need to consider linear, single player console games.

seredhras

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldQuest View Post
ppl that get in game then go MID, or adc, then expect to get it when 4th and 5th pick and if they dont get it troll. Im here to clear the air!

If ur 4th and 5th pick and the 1st pick wants a roll u want DEAL WITH IT ! Choose a different role!

Also , who decided that saying, O ITS MINE was a good way to play the game? Last i checked i only here that from my 5 year old nephew? So r u tellen me LOL uses a 5 year olds system on how to claim ownership?

This is getting pathetic ppl. Calling a role in draft pick is not how it works. If u want that just play blind where nobody cares whos who!

Thanks and maybe this will get through!
* Yall don understand the post im sorry. Im talking about when 2 ppl call middle, one is 2 nd pick and other is 5th pick. ( I do not DO THIS PPL JESUS ! I play whatever is needed!) But im saying is the 5th pick person doesnt get mid so they decide to troll and cry they didnt get their position! Im not talking about game mechanics jees!

* From the most part im seeing is yes communication is key in ranked games or draft pick in general. But what this post is about, is when pick 2 says their best at mid and when pick 5 says their best at mid, well pick 2 is probably gonna pick mid, well pick 5 should just adjust and play what is needed! Thats how it works realisticly! Idealy u would want pick 5 to take middle! But im saying pick 5 a lot of times will troll or get mad and not fill the role that is needed!! im tellen those ppl to suck it up!
I'm going to say this:
I like to "call" adc, I find it fun and I do better at it than some people I've seen and than other roles I might play
If you also "call" adc immediately after me, I might flex (probably not, I really like the role)
If you take an adc after I called it, in my mind you are an *******
If I also take an adc after you picked one, I am the bigger *******

I totally agree what you said at the end.
I also hate how you have to call a role to get it; I would like to be able to say what I am good at and what I can do and have everyone do that and then we could just make a team decision. I would prefer to just run 5 man premades where we all want to have fun and win and the role is less important than the end result but that is kind of hard since I can't play ranked yet so I can't find some people who are for sure of similar skill level to me (since many of my friends are still from bots)

izzykitty

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulvomit View Post
Having fun > winning > playing w/e imo.

If the only way you have fun is winning then you need to consider linear, single player console games.
He means in ranked, winning is highly recommended in ranked in order to have fun. I never had a fun game in which I lose because losing elo sucks. idc about normals, armas, and dominion, those are just fun.

skumbagsyn

08-25-2012

if somebody calls the role before you you should let them have it
have some etiquette seriously dude

TheMeatPuzzle

10-15-2012

lol you dont get it in Ranked the first pick get to be whatever they want yes BUT In draft no they dont.... Draft is RANDOM fulll on random in where u are placed to pick thats why people call roles and it called Repect when that role is called and you dont force you way into that role after its been called. Just because u get lucky and become 1st or 2en pick in Draft doesnt mena your the best on the team hurp durp! And the 5 year old thing HAHAH what a joke like I said in draft its called bloody Respect!!!!!

awcrapilost

10-15-2012

I dont know why you come to the forums to complain. You have someone on your team who is clearly not interested in doing it your way. You try to force them to do things your way and get mad when they dont, which is pure irony cause its what they're trying to do to you.

You both get mad, someone trolls, and most likely you both do ****ty, screwing over 3 other people. Good thing you stuck to your guns and trumpeted "i have 10 more elo and am a superior mid, I must first pick and get countered hard, then blame the jungler."

Prince Xorism

10-15-2012

When i play i like to call the role i want to play, Top mid or jungle usually although i can do others if required.

If im first pick i generally ask the last 1-2 people if they would like me to pick their champ (if they want adc or support) so they can counterpick for me.
Im Im last pick and i ask for top and fp locks in a top champ and only says "I'm top" I get a little mad but move on.

HOWEVER. If they fp a champion who gets easily countered like darius, or katarina and proceed to be solidly countered i will happily dodge rather than waste my time for the next 30mins.

Nesious

10-15-2012

People SHOULD call out what they want to play, it lets other's know what they are best at/or will have the most fun playing as. However, calling shouldn't immediately mean you get the lane/position.

Basically, calling should be what you want to play, and if you don't get it, oh well. People treat it like a hurr durr i called it first soi get i troll yu nao u nub u stole my role ggggg xDDDD. Like they are entitled to it, but they aren't. First Pick mechanically gets to choose what he wants, if he has the best interests of the team in mind, he will let people do what they called, bc its likely thats what their best at, but he should not feel like he HAS to fill in the remaining role.

In a way that makes sense, since I can't explain to save my life, Call what you prefer to play, so that others know what you are best at or what will make you happy, but don't be a brat and troll or dodge just because you didn't get what you wanted, calling is advising the team what you are best at or want to play, not making a binding contract to play that role no matter what or you will troll or be negative all game like a grumpy 7-year old.

Somethingjaded

10-15-2012

The people here who are claiming that shouting a single role regardless of draft order is entitlement to play that role are only arguing that the fastest typist gets to decide what they play. When you do that and offer nothing else to the table, you aren't being a team player. The pick order IS random in non ranked games so that everyone can get a chance to be the first to do what they want to do, simple as that. The summoner's code and law supports that mentality, meta has nothing to do with it.

I have my preferences of role to fill based on my skill at it from one to the next. Top being my best, ADC being my worst, in terms of popular meta. If I'm last pick and ADC is all that is left and my team didn't care that it was my worse, then oh well that's what I'm going to do.

What really should be implemented, is a PUG style matching system, where people list what role THEY want to play, and get matched with people who arn't going to fight with them over it. Until that happens though, draft order is priority, if you don't like that, play with friends, or play blind, but don't come into non ranked draft and cry for one role and refuse to do anything else, you're not helpful, you're not communicating, you're just being a pain in the ass who everyone else shouldn't be forced to appease.

Also, you all agreed to the summoners code when you posted on these forums, no where in it does it encourage or imply shouting out a single role is being a team player.

KnightxSScarlett

10-15-2012

No where in it does it imply forcing someone to play a role just because you're higher pick order is being a team player.