Calling roll in champ select means ****!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
1.: it says last pick should fill a role. So in turn that means first pick should start the ball rolling on role choosing. And seeing as there is role to "fill" he/she chooses what he/she wants. So in more or less words thats exactly what draft pick means.

2. Calling a role implies it's what you want to play. Not what your best at. If you are good at mid and top and you say"mid " doesnt mean you are best at mid maybe you played top all day and want a change. Saying "ill fill but im not good at....... " is the real way to promote communication and teamwork not saying "mid" then raging when someone picked leblanc.
There are multiple ways that this whole situation can play out, and you seem to be latching onto the wrong ones. Let me give examples:

Example 1 [Sam's Ideal Situation]:

Everyone loads into champ select. Sam is first pick. There is no communication, no chat, and no one really talks or communicates at all. Sam wants to mid, so he selects mid. The next player wants to support, on down. Fifth pick gets screwed because no one picked jungle and he has no idea how. With no other option, he picks a top champ and they go duo top.

This is [In my opinion] completely and utterly ridiculous. You are relying on random order [in draft] or semi-random order [in ranked] to decide who picks first and completely ignoring the benefits of communication.

Example 2 [Wynd's typical game]:

Everyone loads into champ select. [S stands for summoner]

S1: mid
S2: top
S3: mid
S3: **** adc
S4: guess I'll support then
S5: Guys I don't know how to jungle :/
S1: Can you adc?
S5: yeah
S1: I'll jungle, [S3] can mid

All of this is then decided before bans are finished.

You tell me: which is more beneficial to the team?


Calling roles in champ select doesn't necessarily mean you'll get them every time. But there's absolutely no reason to just dismiss it outright just because you have a higher pick order. That's just as selfish and unhelpful as not communicating at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Castellan

Senior Member

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndrydyr View Post
There are multiple ways that this whole situation can play out, and you seem to be latching onto the wrong ones. Let me give examples:

Example 1 [Sam's Ideal Situation]:

Everyone loads into champ select. Sam is first pick. There is no communication, no chat, and no one really talks or communicates at all. Sam wants to mid, so he selects mid. The next player wants to support, on down. Fifth pick gets screwed because no one picked jungle and he has no idea how. With no other option, he picks a top champ and they go duo top.

This is [In my opinion] completely and utterly ridiculous. You are relying on random order [in draft] or semi-random order [in ranked] to decide who picks first and completely ignoring the benefits of communication.

Example 2 [Wynd's typical game]:

Everyone loads into champ select. [S stands for summoner]

S1: mid
S2: top
S3: mid
S3: **** adc
S4: guess I'll support then
S5: Guys I don't know how to jungle :/
S1: Can you adc?
S5: yeah
S1: I'll jungle, [S3] can mid

All of this is then decided before bans are finished.

You tell me: which is more beneficial to the team?


Calling roles in champ select doesn't necessarily mean you'll get them every time. But there's absolutely no reason to just dismiss it outright just because you have a higher pick order. That's just as selfish and unhelpful as not communicating at all.
This is my ideal chat as well, I just hate when its like
S3: Top
S4: Mid
S2: ill adc then
S5: I can jungle
then no chat by S1 and he just locks mid, everyone QQs, then hes just like "im first pick stfu"

I just think that with some simple communication, most hostilities can be avoided


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Castellan View Post
This is my ideal chat as well, I just hate when its like
S3: Top
S4: Mid
S2: ill adc then
S5: I can jungle
then no chat by S1 and he just locks mid, everyone QQs, then hes just like "im first pick stfu"

I just think that with some simple communication, most hostilities can be avoided
Exactly. This type of **** is why just ignoring role calling is stupid. Especially when all but one person is cooperating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-14-2012

This thread still going... seriously... if a person is better than you, let them do the role.. search them up on lolking.net


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CiT0

Master Recruiter

08-14-2012

or how about some people are at elo levels where people dont even counter pick, Game one 5th pick calls mid picks ahri. next game he has pick one calls mid picks ahri.

People talk as if everyone is high elos where counter picks even happen, counter picks dont even matter if palyer A is 10 times better than player B.

But i do get the point people are trying to get across.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndrydyr View Post
There are multiple ways that this whole situation can play out, and you seem to be latching onto the wrong ones. Let me give examples:

Example 1 [Sam's Ideal Situation]:

Everyone loads into champ select. Sam is first pick. There is no communication, no chat, and no one really talks or communicates at all. Sam wants to mid, so he selects mid. The next player wants to support, on down. Fifth pick gets screwed because no one picked jungle and he has no idea how. With no other option, he picks a top champ and they go duo top.

This is [In my opinion] completely and utterly ridiculous. You are relying on random order [in draft] or semi-random order [in ranked] to decide who picks first and completely ignoring the benefits of communication.

Example 2 [Wynd's typical game]:

Everyone loads into champ select. [S stands for summoner]

S1: mid
S2: top
S3: mid
S3: **** adc
S4: guess I'll support then
S5: Guys I don't know how to jungle :/
S1: Can you adc?
S5: yeah
S1: I'll jungle, [S3] can mid

All of this is then decided before bans are finished.

You tell me: which is more beneficial to the team?


Calling roles in champ select doesn't necessarily mean you'll get them every time. But there's absolutely no reason to just dismiss it outright just because you have a higher pick order. That's just as selfish and unhelpful as not communicating at all.
Thats interesting because i clearly stated that you should join and say what your bad at. And previous posts by me clearly state team communication and trading. So before you try to belittle someone get your facts straight. The only point i made continuously is that last pick doesnt get free reign of what he plays.

If you say top as last pick and someone above you says top after you lost your position top. Its at this point you can petition for the role but if its taken its your responsibility to not rage and fill a diff role. The only way to get better at a role is to play it and take constructive criticism.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDan912

Junior Member

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contesso View Post
i will say that if i call a role im going to play it weather someone is before me or not. and i will make that clear.

Me: Top
Them: Im top im before you
Me: im Going top regardless of who you pick
-They choose a different role-
That's probably the reason why 90% of the community is in elo hell.

What you just described is freelo for the other team. I love freelo btw, so I love seeing this in enemy ranked teams with people troll picking because a bunch of crybabies can't play other roles or let the best person on lolking.net play the role they're best at. Punishing people for their mistakes is the easiest way to rise in elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

Senior Member

08-14-2012

Then you get the first picks that'll pick your support for you, asking only that you trade with them and when you pick their taric, they rage at you and pick evelyn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DysposableHero

Senior Member

08-14-2012

The thing that bothers me about all of this is when someone instalocks a champ and doesnt say a word. At least communicate with the group and let them know what you'd like to do. If someone has already chosen a top character (Wukong lets say) and a jungle character (Mundo) and you instalock Renekton without saying anything, im gonna get a little mad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheap0

Senior Member

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Castellan View Post
This is my ideal chat as well, I just hate when its like
S3: Top
S4: Mid
S2: ill adc then
S5: I can jungle
then no chat by S1 and he just locks mid, everyone QQs, then hes just like "im first pick stfu"

I just think that with some simple communication, most hostilities can be avoided
This also reveals the problem with role calling. S1 pretty much just got bullied into support because he was the last person to type anything in chat (or just didn't bother, or thinks role calling is stupid if it can strip his preference away as first pick). S2, also a high pick, probably got kicked out of his desired role too, and possibly S5 too.

The worst part about this is that first pick who ignored the calling is now the bad guy for taking what he wants when the rest of his team treats him like **** during champion select. They got what they had coming.