Calling roll in champ select means ****!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phil002

10-15-2012

I like playing support. But I don't want to play it every single game. But I kinda get forced into them in blind pick games because everyone insta insta-locks or calls. I've gotten to the point that if I feel like doin something else I gotta call it as soon as I get into the champ select screen. By the time I type cool if I mid? Someone else has called just mid. Then gets all uptight cause he called it.

It's hard to be civil cause the ragers will push you around or make the game unenjoyable

ıcarus 905

10-16-2012

why was this downvoted so much, OP is right. Calling spots is for 12 year olds and the only way to do things is by pick order unless you are +2000 elo and the fact that you picked your mid first matters.

Corner Warrior

10-16-2012

It's a tough system right now. The "leave it alone" riot approach is the safe bet... It's not enough to hinder the game, and it's the easy approach until a better way is proven

awcrapilost

10-16-2012

This thread is basically 3 people yelling at each other. Why wasnt this thing closed to begin with? I think even the title violates the code.

Mods be all whimsical D:

SquarePeg

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Real III View Post
Go play ranked if you think que position matters.
we are playing ranked, that's kinda the point
everyone trolls in normals

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Just pick whatever champ you're good with and play them in whatever role you like. Support vlad, jayce, ahri, teemo, nidalee, yorick, np. Just be confident in your abilities and realize that your lesser teammates who lack your skill need more handicap (ie gold/items) in order to do anything in the game.

braseeker

10-17-2012

but, if u only have common ad rune page, and a few top ad champ, eventually u gonna call top and beg to be the top cuz u have no one else to play with.
dont tell me about the weekly free champ, use free champ only WILL REDUCE the quality of the game, if someone plays champ s/he is not even familiar with

Ringo Mandingo

10-18-2012

in draft pick the order is random, why should first pick get a role over someone else? at least when you call it everyone who wants the role has a fair chance

Lethal By Design

10-18-2012

The Summoners Code actually addresses pick order in draft style matches. I personally interpret it as if a higher pick wants to play a certain role the lower picks have a obligation to fill needed roles for the TEAM and not just pick whatever they want to personally play. This comes from part 1 paragraph 2 of the Summoners Code.

"Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level."

I also feel like if someone at a lower pick refuses to fill a role like support it is a reportable and bannable offense.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I hope the first two posters come down with Bird Flu.