Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax's study (an insite into Jax outside the leauge)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masonry

09-12-2010

In a room lined by bookcases filled to bursting with battle records, instructional fighting manuals, and the occasional classic like Catcher in the Rye. There is a table covered in maps showing different lay outs of Summoners Rift and Twisted Treeline. In the corner of the room resides a large globe of Runterra. You see a person sitting in an overstuffed high backed chair in the room dimly lit by large a fireplace reading a copy of SunTzu's Art of War.

"Oh hello summoner I am didn't see you come in." He closes his book and sets in on the end table beside him, and stands to great his guest. "I'm Jax the (sigh)... the former armsmaster of the league of legends. Welcome to my study. Here is where I spend most of my time when I am not drinking my problems away with Gragas in Noxus bars. You see I have lots of spare time now that I am not summoned to the Fields of Justice all that often. I have plenty of time to catch up on my reading. I can even review my old battles on my globe. You summoners still don't get to watch the replays yet do you? Well I am sure the League will set that up for you eventually. Here let me show you one of my recent fights" Jax moves over to the corner and places a 3 fingered hand on the globs smooth surface and gives it a spin. Runeterra dissapears to be replaced by an image of Jax going toe to toe with Garen. Jax dodges a sweeping sword strike, Garen goes into a powerful spin Jax counters stunning Garen. Jax's lamppost glows with energy as he swings knocking Garen to his knees. Jax raises his brass lamppost for the final strike, but before Jax can finish a giant golden sword falls from the skys crushing Jax into the ground. Jax places a hand on the globe stopping it spinning and the image abruptly vanishes being replaced by the surface of Runeterra. "Unfortunately that is how most of my fights turn out now. Not all of them but its late into any match until I start to shine" Jax sighs and looks down and the light from his many eyes seem to fad. He quickly turns his back to you to face the fireplace "Well, I can still help the starting summoners build up there strength until they join the ranked matches. The inexperienced still need my guidance and I am happy to offer it to them. The league isn't the same place it was long ago new champions and new items are just leaving me and many of the older champions behind. All I can do is wait and be patient until the League of Legends takes some notice and removes at least some of the horrible handicaps they put on me. But until that happens," Jax moves over to his chair and sits down. " I will wait here and prepare for my comeback if it is ever to be. Thanks for the company summoner heaven knows I don't get summoned to the Fields of Justice much anymore, but if you want to help me summoner, summon me into battle again and let me show the league what I can do. If not then leave me to my reading I was just at my favorite part." Jax pick up his book of SunTzu's Art of War and continues reading chuckling at its content.

facepalmextreme

09-13-2010

*sob* I still love & summon you buddy.

pretty intelligent way of telling riot that the original champs are getting left behind. I really don't see jax getting a solid buff because of xin zhao, I know that sounds odd but xin zhao is obviously a better pick at the moment, and if riot buffs jax to that tier again those two melee dps will just wreck the face of summoners rift.

Odysseus1

09-13-2010

The coolest thing they could do is instead of giving his abilities the traditional buffs they (the summoners of the institute of war) could slowly lift the bans or handicaps, whatever you want to call them, on everyones favorite champion, JAX who wouldn't think its cool to see him tearing it up with a real weapon like a halberd or something.

YYZed

09-13-2010

I enjoy the repost of this Masonry. I too enjoy playing Jax and am sad to see him in such a weak state, as there is truly no point of the game where he's strong and he is easily outclassed by every other carry.

Odysseus1

09-13-2010

I almost cried when I fully realized how bad it had become, one of my teammates was constantly diving and didn't seem to realize that at the moment jax could be outclassed by a ad focused Ryze. Now before, I remember quite well running in fear from a Jax bearing down on me, now I just laugh and think here comes an easy kill. Its sad how some of the old champions have been left in the dust for flashier champions that do more and are easier to make money off of. I hope this trend doesn't continue.

Capt Yossarian

09-13-2010

I do agree he needs buffs, however he hard carries like a mofo end game...There are more reliable picks for a hard carry endgame though.