Riot get it together, New champs too broken on release, balance new champs more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iiTzHaZe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Ooh, how lovely! Someone trying to counter my response.
Long story, no one cares.
Type another paragraph please. Champions used to be made for one position and one only, now they are able to take up spots better then anyone else in the game but not just one spot two or three. That indeed is overpowered. I have never seen anyone play a champion more than Diana first week.

Nea De Penserhir

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapernikus View Post
So what you are saying, is that you don't actually know or understand for yourself the strength or weakness of Diana, simply that because a Junior Member calls her overpowered he or she is a fksknoob?
More or less.

Because nothing about Diana strikes me as game breaking. All in AP style assassin with no actual escape save for having a target that's conveniently placed away from you after you dived in.

We haven't had any of those before. /roll eyes

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Expecting champions to be balanced on their first week is an outrageous goal.

Riot can only go as far as to balance based on numbers, because their test realm has a limited number of players and they can't track a lot of match-ups (and they test for weeks before a new champ goes on PBE or live!).

PBE is a horrible place to adjust for balance because the matchmaker there, simple put, is sh!t.
You won't get good match-ups. Someone will always be more experienced/skilled then everyone else and snowball out of control.

The real balancing only starts after a new champion goes live.
That is when we, THE PLAYERS, get to try to break the new champion by exploiting every single mechanic or interaction we can find to destroy our opponents. How much damage we can deal while being safe, what combos screw with our enemy the most, etc..

The level of successful we (thousands of players, playing against millions of different team comps) have with the new champion is what can really give Riot an idea of how balanced the new champion is.

Any personal accounts of how strong a champion is cannot compare to the stats and interpreted trends of hundreds upon thousands of games OR the accounts of players who discover things the champion can do that Riot did not expect. (Like landing a full combo (WWEQR) with Zyra before the enemy can even reach you)

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-12-2012

they cant do that until they see how hard you cry

IGotCareless2

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzHaZe View Post
Champions used to be made for one position and one only, now they are able to take up spots better then anyone else in the game but not just one spot two or three.
Akali- Mid or top.
Alistar- Jungle or support.
Cho'Gath- Mid, top, or jungle.
Ezreal- Bot or mid.
Fiddlesticks- Mid or jungle.
Fiora- Top or jungle.
Gangplank- Top or jungle.
Gragas- Mid or top.
Jarvan IV- Top or jungle.
Jax- Top or jungle.
Karthus- Mid or jungle. (Yah, I'm kidding about jungle, though it is solo queue normals viable.
Kennen- Top or mid.
Lee Sin- Top or jungle.
Malphite- Top or jungle.
Master Yi- Mid, top, or jungle.
Mordekaiser- Mid or top.
Nidalee- Mid or top. (Well, before her nerfs.)
Nunu- Everywhere.
Olaf- Top or jungle.
Pantheon- Top or jungle. Mid counterpick under rare circumstances.
Riven- Top or jungle.
Shen- Top or jungle.
Swain- Mid or top.
Talon- Mid or top.
Udyr- Top or jungle.
Urgot- Bot, sometimes you see him top.
Vlad- Mid or top.
Warwick- Top or jungle.
Wukong- Top or jungle. (Quick google search showed a fair number of jungle guides, so I'll just take that to mean he's used in jungle, though I've never seen him there.)

I skipped some when there is no reason to take them somewhere where they sorta work, when they dominate elsewhere so you should NEVER put them there. (coughYorick junglecough)
So yah, its only new champs that go to multiple lanes.

IcyTor44

08-12-2012

Im a junior member, but I still understand complete balance is impossible. Honestly when I can see 40 or 50 champions in a tourney that is pretty awesome to me, so no complaints at all here.

cavecricket48

08-12-2012

Quote:
Ooh, how lovely! Someone trying to counter my response.

Now, first of all, I pointed out in my comment the point of mentioning that the OP is a Junior. This means that, considering I haven't seen the name before (and I frequent these forums. More often than daily), it was likely their first post in the forum. It definitely didn't help that they wrote with horrid grammar, run-on sentences, no paragraph formatting, and probably misspelled a few things.

I'm not going to disagree with this one, but you shouldn't use the term blatantly like that.

Add to that list the fact that they're calling champions overpowered. This is the most abused buzzword in League of Legends. There are people who will seriously call anything overpowered. It drives me insane. People still call Leblanc OP because she counters AP mid champions. People are still calling Darius OP because he's basically a weaker Mordekaiser, countering melee top lanes. People called Xin Zhao OP BEFORE his recent rework even. They throw the word around like it's a fact even though it's entirely their biased anecdote.

Xin Zhao is probably legitimately overpowered right now slightly. The amazing utility he's bringing into the knockback- it's a neutered Janna ult that actually does damage and gives him tankiness- combined with the natural armor shred he puts on his target is a bit over the top right now. Everything else you state is common knowledge... That of course the noobs wouldn't know.

Second, I would like to direct your attention to the fact that I have not played League of Legends for 5 days, that match history is only showing my last 6 matches since then, I have a positive W:L with over 900 wins...You can't expect a good player to have no losses, unless they queue with a ranked team all the time and they are without a doubt beyond the skill level of their opponents. Admirable that you'd try, but silly to think that pointing to the last 6 matches I've played would negate me. At all.

Your match history made me wince. Oh, and how the hell would you only have 83 CS average over two matches with Rumble, a level 4 flamespitter completely decimates a caster wave.

Not to mention I've had this account from a few weeks into its official release. Match histories were erased prior to Season 1, so there's actually closer to 2000 total games on this account.
Okay?

You're not exactly showing that experience...

Cherry Fade

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razurz View Post
Zyra's only been out for a week.
Why would you complain about a champion OP within the first week?
The first week is the test run to see how the Champion does, then adjustments are made.

& yes, Diana can Jungle, Mid, and Top.
Jayce can Top, Jungle, and ADC.
Zyra can Jungle and Mid.
Why is it a problem that a champion can take more than one lane on the field?

IMO if you're so worried about new champs being release OP only to get nerfed, then stop buying champions the first week they come out.
Right now, Jayce is op.... Diana's gap closer and high amount of hp with the shield - burst, like a leblanc, except she's way too tanky for a mage assasin.... Zyra passive is basically's karthus's passive, except in one giant autoattack that does like 500% of the damage

Cherry Fade

11-22-2012

Quote:
Junior member.

Complaining about the newest champions being overpowered without accounting for Skarner, Trundle, Fizz, Varus, Leona, Shyvana...

Downvote and move along, just another person first-timing on the forums because they're bad at the game.
And how would you know if they were a smurf?

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by «ygnus View Post
Right now, Jayce is op.... Diana's gap closer and high amount of hp with the shield - burst, like a leblanc, except she's way too tanky for a mage assasin.... Zyra passive is basically's karthus's passive, except in one giant autoattack that does like 500% of the damage
necromancer!