Riot get it together, New champs too broken on release, balance new champs more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luke123190

08-11-2012

Riot, you are releasing champs often which is very good, but get it together, im over having to stop playing league for so long until the new champs are balanced. Zyra, broken on release, only getting nerf now. Diana comes out, you've made a jungler who can take mid, solo top, or lane, without a single worry. I'm so over this, you create champs that could be fun to play if balanced, but no, you make them so OP on the release that its pointless to play. Diana is the prime example, listen to the community, balance the champs efficently before release instead of this constant bull**** where a champ comes out so broken and overpowered that players will leave. Hopefully you read this, and understand that as players we want a fun environment where each champ is balanced and games aren't won because someone bought the new op champ each month. Maybe you should spend an extra week on each new champ just getting them to a fair, balanced state, instead of causing rage in all the players, and causing the forms to be filled with nerf * New champs name * now.
Just a bit of feedback on diana/every new champ, thanks.

Razur

08-11-2012

Zyra's only been out for a week.
Why would you complain about a champion OP within the first week?
The first week is the test run to see how the Champion does, then adjustments are made.

& yes, Diana can Jungle, Mid, and Top.
Jayce can Top, Jungle, and ADC.
Zyra can Jungle and Mid.
Why is it a problem that a champion can take more than one lane on the field?

IMO if you're so worried about new champs being release OP only to get nerfed, then stop buying champions the first week they come out.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Not possible to create a perfectly balanced champion everytime on release. It just isn't so instead, they try to make them release them as set, making them as balanced stat wise as possible, but if they notice they are too strong, then they nerf them. Honestly, you need to quit QQing though, not all champions are OP on release, and some even when they are have a little gimmicky trick to beating them.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Junior member.

Complaining about the newest champions being overpowered without accounting for Skarner, Trundle, Fizz, Varus, Leona, Shyvana...

Downvote and move along, just another person first-timing on the forums because they're bad at the game.

Extremeasaurus

08-11-2012

Sejuani is a new(ish) champion, I didn't know she was overpowered. Maybe I should buy her next?

kapernikus

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Junior member.

Complaining about the newest champions being overpowered without accounting for Skarner, Trundle, Fizz, Varus, Leona, Shyvana...

Downvote and move along, just another person first-timing on the forums because they're bad at the game.
Junior / Normal / Senior on these forums has nothing to do with how good you are at the game.

As for being bad ...

http://i.imgur.com/JAYAC.png

Sorry, had to

JustMyBassCannon

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapernikus View Post
Junior / Normal / Senior on these forums has nothing to do with how good you are at the game.

As for being bad ...

http://i.imgur.com/JAYAC.png

Sorry, had to
Ooh, how lovely! Someone trying to counter my response.

Now, first of all, I pointed out in my comment the point of mentioning that the OP is a Junior. This means that, considering I haven't seen the name before (and I frequent these forums. More often than daily), it was likely their first post in the forum. It definitely didn't help that they wrote with horrid grammar, run-on sentences, no paragraph formatting, and probably misspelled a few things.

Add to that list the fact that they're calling champions overpowered. This is the most abused buzzword in League of Legends. There are people who will seriously call anything overpowered. It drives me insane. People still call Leblanc OP because she counters AP mid champions. People are still calling Darius OP because he's basically a weaker Mordekaiser, countering melee top lanes. People called Xin Zhao OP BEFORE his recent rework even. They throw the word around like it's a fact even though it's entirely their biased anecdote.

Second, I would like to direct your attention to the fact that I have not played League of Legends for 5 days, that match history is only showing my last 6 matches since then, I have a positive W:L with over 900 wins...You can't expect a good player to have no losses, unless they queue with a ranked team all the time and they are without a doubt beyond the skill level of their opponents. Admirable that you'd try, but silly to think that pointing to the last 6 matches I've played would negate me. At all.

Not to mention I've had this account from a few weeks into its official release. Match histories were erased prior to Season 1, so there's actually closer to 2000 total games on this account.

Giltia Zero

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapernikus View Post
It's not cold hard fact, no, but it, combined with QQ, are pretty ****ing evidence.

Which is the point.

Nobody wants to waste time bickering with some twelve year old who can barely tie his own shoes.

Minute 31

08-11-2012

Balancing is really more of an art form. The amount of time it would take to test a champion for all situations would take so long there would hardly be any releases, and unfortunately the beta isn't quite as efficient as it could be.

As far as RIOT's balancing team... you try balancing 100+ unique champions for every situation, it's no small task.

There will always be some champs that are overpowered to the point of first pick or ban in every game, and there will always be champs so underpowered no one would really consider playing them, and that can be said of any competitive game, from fighters to games like TF2, why would League of Legends be any different?

kapernikus

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Ooh, how lovely! Someone trying to counter my response.

Now, first of all, I pointed out in my comment the point of mentioning that the OP is a Junior. This means that, considering I haven't seen the name before (and I frequent these forums. More often than daily), it was likely their first post in the forum. It definitely didn't help that they wrote with horrid grammar, run-on sentences, no paragraph formatting, and probably misspelled a few things.

Add to that list the fact that they're calling champions overpowered. This is the most abused buzzword in League of Legends. There are people who will seriously call anything overpowered. It drives me insane. People still call Leblanc OP because she counters AP mid champions. People are still calling Darius OP because he's basically a weaker Mordekaiser, countering melee top lanes. People called Xin Zhao OP BEFORE his recent rework even. They throw the word around like it's a fact even though it's entirely their biased anecdote.

Second, I would like to direct your attention to the fact that I have not played League of Legends for 5 days, that match history is only showing my last 6 matches since then, I have a positive W:L with over 900 wins...You can't expect a good player to have no losses, unless they queue with a ranked team all the time and they are without a doubt beyond the skill level of their opponents. Admirable that you'd try, but silly to think that pointing to the last 6 matches I've played would negate me. At all.

Not to mention I've had this account from a few weeks into its official release. Match histories were erased prior to Season 1, so there's actually closer to 2000 total games on this account.
So what you are saying, is that you don't actually know or understand for yourself the strength or weakness of Diana, simply that because a Junior Member calls her overpowered he or she is a fksknoob?