I am a...

...Support and I soften creeps. 9 13.85%
...Support and I don't soften creeps. 30 46.15%
...AD Carry and I don't want creeps softened. 22 33.85%
...AD Carry and I want creeps softened. 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Support: Soften Creeps or No?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabelous

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
No, it pushes the lane and throws off their last hitting.

Im also too focused on checking the minimap every few seconds and trying to set up plays, poke, or give clutch shields.
This, and on a similar note it doesn't allow you to "freeze" the lane. Freezing the lane means you control the minion fighting in a way that keeps the enemy ones on your side of the river where they can be safely farmed but also far enough from the turret so it doesn't take any last-hits.

Early game you should make all attempts to freeze your lane, as it will allow you to safely last-hit without exposing yourself to ganks. It also helps save the support on wards because if you freeze the lane you don't need to constantly ward the river to keep watch on the jungler.

BarbeqdBrwniez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

The only, and I mean ONLY time that you should be hitting your creeps, and thus pushing the hell out of the lane, is if they are on your turret and you tap each ranged creep once so your ADC can just follow up after the tower hits them.

Stinkyy

08-13-2012

The only time I see the need to soften creeps for your ADC is for one of the following:

1) Push the lane to take dragon
2) Push the lane to back
3) Push the lane to roam/invade

ConjurerOfLight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-13-2012

Under my tower I try to soften them so that the tower doesnt kill them early on if my ranged ad has little damage

Other than that I rarely do that

I think the support for m5 plays a really aggressive sona too

Resent

08-13-2012

In a general sense:
No, don't soften creeps.

Why:

Two tower hits on melee minions + AD carry hit = last hit
One tower hit on caster minions + AD carry hit = last hit
BUT: If your AD Carry does not have enough AD to one hit the caster minion (usually 5-10 short of the kill), you can hit it once with an AUTO attack, otherwise it will deny your AD Carry, and/or push the lane, and you don't want that. Usually this happens if the AD Carry has armor pen runes instead of attack damage runes.

Kirielis

08-13-2012

I could really care less as long as my support also initiates well so we get kills. If you're going to sit in my lane all day and not even try to kill them, you'd better let me farm. I understand you can't control your Sona Q, but in that case make very sure you'll hit a champion before you make my lane push. I'm fine with the support helping to freeze lane with auto attacks too, but only as long as it's required to freeze the lane. I'm more than fine with the support helping so I can get farm under tower. It's cool.

But if you take my cs or push the lane unnecessarily when it wouldn't have been pushed otherwise, you are a bad support.

Jmaf

08-13-2012

even as a low elo adc I hate when my support does it unless we need lane pushed...Hey curiousity can someone teach me to freeze a lane?