Viable Evelynn Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATeemoMushroom

09-13-2010

I often hear rumors of Riot remaking Evelynn (almost as often as I hear groans from pugs during champ select when someone chooses her) and I wanted to discuss some reasons why Evelynn should remain intact as a champion.

To this date, my highest win/loss ratio is with a champion that many people consider to be worthless. So I wanted to give my input in a guide to show people a way that Eve can be a very valuable member of the team.

Here are a few things to remember:

1.) Eve is possibly the best 1v1 turret diver in the game. Her ultimate gives her the ability to heal significant amounts of HP after a kill. If a low HP champ is recalling at a turret it is Evelynn's time to shine. Use your ulti while stealthed (for stun), run in and use Ravage for burst damage, then finish off any remaining HP with auto-attack, hate spike and ignite. Viola! You're back to 50-60% health.

2.) Mobility is key. It's your job as Evelynn to finish off any champions that may have escaped with very little HP. Use Boots of Mobility and your ultimate to chase down your opponents without mercy. I also use Teleport to quickly move myself across the map and finish off any opponents that engaged my teammates in a fight.

3.) It is absolutely essential that you counter your opponents ability to see you while stealthed. Work with your teammates to focus down anyone that purchased an oracle ASAP. If an opponent farms 200 minions in a game, he's just spent a little less than 10% of his farmed gold to see you. (19x200~4000. Oracles cost 400.) Make him waste it. If they put down wards in the early game, simply swap lanes and go gank. If you can make the other team put down a ward in each lane, kill some neutral creeps for three minutes. They just wasted 450 gold.

4.) Build Eve for survivability. Almost everyone I see will automatically target Evelynn since she's often played as a squishy glass cannon. However, if you build her as an AP tank your team is free to quickly dispose of your enemies while they waste their time trying to kill you while you're still attacking them with Hate Spike. Initiate with hate spike (stunning TWO opponents simultaneously), Ravage, Run, Stealth ASAP, and go right back into the fight to help your team focus down whomever is low on HP at the time.

5.) One of your roles as Evelynn is to distract and separate your opponents. If you can survive during a team fight long enough to kill/assist, you're practically invincible. If 5 opponents couldn't focus you down in time to keep you from healing via your ultimate, 4 opponents certainly won't kill you either. While your team fights, keep popping in and out of battle by stunning, separating and finishing off low HP enemies with ravage.

That being said, here's a build you might try with Eve.

Use HP Quintessences and whatever your preference of Glyphs, Marks and Seals for a combination of HP and AP.

My masteries I change often, but my favorite is to spread the points pretty evenly through each category.
Offense: AP, Cooldown, Magic Pen, Ignite
Defense: Armor, Dodge, Defensive Mastery
Utility: Teleport, HP/MP regen, XP Boost, Greed

(Dodge and Defensive mastery, combined with Eve's passive, almost completely negate the impact of minions in the game. Think: (Minion damage - 2)/2. Minions hit you for FOUR damage. This is important when chasing an enemy through the lane. XP Boost and Greed help compensate for the fact that Eve sometimes spends a lot of time waiting for a gangk or chasing through the jungle instead of farming.)

Remember, build a high HP capacity so that when your ult heals you for a percentage of your dead opponents MAX HP, you can actually be healed that much.

1.) Ruby Crystal + Health Pot (Stay on the fountain and wait for the 35 gp)
2.) Catalyst the Protector (Keeps you in the laning/gangking almost indefinitely)

This item combined with your HP Quints makes you difficult to kill, and you now restore HP/MP every time you level up and HP every time you get a kill using your ultimate. Oftentimes you will level as you make the kill, meaning you're healed by both your ultimate and the Catalyst.

3.) Boots of Mobility (Do NOT compromise on any other boot)

At this point, if any lanes have low HP enemies, run (or teleport nearby) and gangk the opposition. Depending on the number of enemies/minions you've killed, build whatever you can afford for your next item.

4.) Rylai's Scepter (Again, survivability combined with AP for damage. Also, during chase, hate spike will slow your enemy long enough that your stealth/stun will be available again before they can get to safety.)

Here's where you can branch out, but anything built from a Giant's Belt is a pretty good bet. Depending on your opponents, consider the following items.

1.) Sunfire Cape
Armor against AD heavy teams and damage while stealthed.
2.) Zhonya's Ring
A clutch item when it looks like you'll die before your opponent in a teamfight. That extra two seconds makes the difference between death and being healed for 1000 HP from your ultimate and catalyst.
3.) Rylai's Scepter
Sounds crazy but remember that the two things you need are HP and AP. This is an item that's good for both of them so stacking more than one isn't a terrible idea.
4.) Lich Bane
Grants AP and AD damage.

Try not to stack too many Sunfire Capes. You don't want to rely on standing next to your opponent for your primary source of damage. It's much more fun to kick them in the face.

Never Knows Best

09-13-2010

i agree with you whole heartedly on eve being left alone. However i'm not an ap eve supporter i personally prefer AD/dps, but agree w/ you otherwise.

ReadInPeace

09-13-2010

Catalyst sounds interesting, I'll try it sometime. Won't you be lacking damage mid-game though? Since you didn't get a Sheen or a Mejai's. I'd love to hear a detailed explanation on this.

Nice ideas

Krulewicz

09-13-2010

tl; dr

ATeemoMushroom

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
Catalyst sounds interesting, I'll try it sometime. Won't you be lacking damage mid-game though? Since you didn't get a Sheen or a Mejai's. I'd love to hear a detailed explanation on this.

Nice ideas
Yes, a little but I pull most of my gp from assists at this point and then build the AP items from Rylai's first. The most important thing early to early-mid game is your stun and element of surprise.

ReadInPeace

09-13-2010

Alright, I'll give it a go.

I'm not really fond of laning Eve yet though. If you get paired up against a wicked lane, things gonna fall apart early.

I thought about jungling by getting razors (not always jungling just for buffs). This way it'll be easier to sustain your mana. You also won't waste a cloth armor, which you use to solo golem. It's risky, but doable.

You could also turn the razors into a bloodrazor lategame. It scales with atk spd, which Eve has a lot of, synergizes with magic penetration, which Ravage provides, and makes even high HP targets melt faster.

I've yet to try it though. Was messing around with it a lil' bit.

BLNDAzNB8Y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Sounds interesting, I haven't had many deaths recently (as eve) but this seems like a great idea. Rylais would make HS so much more useful then just a way to use lich bane. (granted, that helps alot, as well) I would get a SS, though, because that is a huge source of AP, along with Zhonyas gives you a crazy amount. Read, I'd like to hear your jungling eve, I've always wanted to try, but I've never felt like going to do a practice game just to try jungling eve, when it could so easily fail. (granted, I'd like it to be AP, i HATE Ad/as.)