tf vs diana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xCry0x

08-11-2012

Any tips on how to beat diana mid lane as ap tf? I picked a horrible week for starting a new champion (Tf) because I keep getting thrown into games vs diana and steam rolled in lane. Basically as soon as I slip up once she is ontop of me, yoinks me in and murders me. Having no ability to escape and only the yellow card stun makes it hard since even with the stun at low ranks it only does ~1 s and with her pull & snare the 1s doesn't help much.

I would guess the general strategy is to harass & outrange with Q but her ability to pull you in and murder you makes it hard to reliably get close enough to cs with aa.

Treza

08-11-2012

and when faced with problems did you build items accordingly?

xCry0x

08-11-2012

I can stack mr all day long but if that is the goal of countering her I might as well auto lock galio every game. Talking about if there is any advice as far as play style vs just building a bunch of defensive ****.

Treza

08-11-2012

well you could always just try avoiding her at all costs. lately when im laning against an opponent i feel i cant beat, i just flat out avoid all exchanges with them. i try and dominate my farm and counter build as best i can by farming my side wraiths when i can and such, and its been working for me. at the end of the day, the way you perform 1v1 against a champion doesnt matter. team fights are what is important

i mainly play anivia, and sometimes ill be matched against fizz and i used to have a huge problem against him. i was engaging him when i think i had a chance to kill him and more often than not he was killing me and im left scratching my head. 2 months later people are still attempting to beat me with fizz and ive won like the past 3 or 4 lanes against fizz's. instead of flash ignite i take flash teleport, and play my lane passively. i focus 100% of my resources on farming and gank other lanes with teleport or by foot when i have the awareness, resources and availability to do so. fizz could stand right next to me and i just dont even bother attacking him. 25 minutes in when im up 100 cs and his tower is gone, suddenly defeating fizz doesnt seem like such a big deal anymore

hope this advice helps!

xCry0x

08-11-2012

Yea it does, I am at that point where you were 2 months ago lol. I am transitioning from maining adc to learning other lanes. When I play AP mid I feel that I need to kill the opponent & out farm them to be successful.

Come to think of it the best I have done against diana is with karthus mid - I just sat back and Q farmed while she passive farmed. At 20 mins when we both had 150 cs I also had 4 kills from ulting while she had maybe 1 which transitioned into her not snowballing as hard as a typical diana does who rapes everyone and goes 10-0 in the first 15 mins lol.

JEREMY LlN

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post
Any tips on how to beat diana mid lane as ap tf? I picked a horrible week for starting a new champion (Tf) because I keep getting thrown into games vs diana and steam rolled in lane. Basically as soon as I slip up once she is ontop of me, yoinks me in and murders me. Having no ability to escape and only the yellow card stun makes it hard since even with the stun at low ranks it only does ~1 s and with her pull & snare the 1s doesn't help much.

I would guess the general strategy is to harass & outrange with Q but her ability to pull you in and murder you makes it hard to reliably get close enough to cs with aa.
Save your yellow card for when she hits you with a Q or run back, that's exactly when she's going to jump you. Try to dodge her Q as much as possible, if you survive one of her combos, she's already going to have to play more passive due to her mana problems. To dodge her Q, you can either move up, back, or to the right, when you think it's coming. Also, try to build tanky AP items like Rylais, and Rod of Ages. Most important part is to avoid her shield, when it comes up you have to keep your distance because it's her main source of damage and it'll absorb alot of your damage.

xCry0x

08-11-2012

Thanks for the tips.

What keeps getting me is that I go in to last hit with AA and she warps into me, grabs me, slows me and by the time I can hit with yellow card I am nearly dead.

I play a lot of karthus mid so I am fairly comfortable playing a passive lane and just farming away, problem is I cannot rely on Q alone to last hit and it is incredibly obvious when TF is going to come in to aa because I generally pop a blue card first.

AlphariusRising

08-11-2012

1. When she does her Q animation juke towards her and to her left. This puts you in autoattack range, and makes her miss her Q. She can ult + shield onto you then, but then you gold card her, walk away, Q her, and keep autoattacking. Her stuff is now on cooldown, and she can either keep going all-in on you with minion aggro on her, while being overextended, or she can leave, having lost a trade. Otherwise you just Gold or Blue + Q on her and walk about spamming shift + 4.

2. Just Farm. She's difficult to trade with, but TF is an amazing farmer once he gets a bit of AP and levels on his Q. Red card second melee minion while they're in a line, then Q the whole line. Mid-late game that's 6 CS right there. You outpush her, now go do wraiths, or if someone on the other team went full ****** and overextended with a level 6 TF mid, go get an easy kill.

3. Trade with top. Diana loses to bruisers, because they both do most of their damage up close, but bruisers can take her combo on the chin and give back what they take. I saw a Diana go top today vs an Olaf and, despite the Olaf being apparently unable to hit an undertow, he dunked all over her, and the jungler that later came to gank to make up for Diana getting dunked all over. While getting no ganks from me because I'm a scrub, and the one time I tried he killed her before I even got an assist, and the second time I Pheonix'd instead of Bear'd and just walked slowly towards her as she escaped, feeling like a 'tard.

xCry0x

08-12-2012

Yea I am sticking with farming, I just had a game vs her I hit 20 min mark with 166cs and 2 kills but she still managed to fking dive me one and kill me. Still had a good 60 cs more than her.

I think it just comes down to playing safe, she isn't someone I can easily trade with in lane but I can push lane and farm a lot.