General Buggyness

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykomyke

11-11-2009

Rather annoying with such a plethora of game-breaking bugs being introduced with this patch...makes me wonder if Riot even does internal testing. I expect a few bugs...but nearly this many, and not nearly this bad.

ArmiesofZNight

Associate Producer

11-11-2009
1 of 4 Riot Posts

What game-breaking bugs are you referring to?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-11-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Are you able to play? If not, please see this thread:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=24642

If your issue(s) seem similar, please post your logs. They are actively trying to track down these bugs as they have done for many bugs before. Have heart, you will be able to play again soon

ArmiesofZNight

Associate Producer

11-11-2009
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Thanks for posting that link, Jozrael!

Sykomyke

11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Are you able to play? If not, please see this thread:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=24642

If your issue(s) seem similar, please post your logs. They are actively trying to track down these bugs as they have done for many bugs before. Have heart, you will be able to play again soon
Regardless of if a user found a breakthrough to issues or not, or that some issues require workarounds...the fact of the matter is this patch introduced a multitude of issues. The general idea behind a patch is that you (the developer) are going to fix issues without introducing new ones. I believe the idea behind patches nowadays is that "we'll fix some bugs and if new ones get introduced "oh well, we'll fix those later on"....is the wrong mindset. Patches should attempt to achieve perfection within a game. While it is very very unlikely, if you strive for perfection then at least it will end up better then ...well then this.

Now I'm not some internet e-rager who thinks that a game should run perfectly, I'm realistic. I was merely posting my thoughts on the matter that the patch was poorly implimented. I'm under no delusions of what goes on behind the scenes in the industry. While there is alot of hard work, there is also alot of play and procrastination. That's the benefit to being a game-designer. A perk if you will.

However upon doing your 24 hour pre-patch day coding frenzy, i would suggest in the
future a bit more discretion and maybe some preliminary testing. I could care less, I have other games I can play that are much more solid.

Oh and Jozreal....don't forget to swallow.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-11-2009
4 of 4 Riot Posts

I'm sure we're all sorry to see you go.