Why is the IP gain per victory only 100 IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stenchrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanious View Post
6 pracice games at 11 mins each = 442IP
1 win a day = 250 IP
1 loss a day = 63 IP (around)

= 755IP/day

takes less than 9 days go go go
hm, looks good, I'll try that out.

Caste

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenchrot View Post
I would do all that if I had time.

and, if you were in my situation, you would realize that 100 IP is not enough. hell, even 150 IP would be fair so we could get near 200 with some bonuses. I don't leave Riot as a company behind this, and I do understand their needs to promote support for the game, and it could be a decrease in RP purchasing people if an IP boost per victory is there, but it could come in handy to some
You know what else I would do if I had time? Go back to school and get another degree, but the University's insistence that I take all their classes at 1:20 each is just too much. I keep asking them to make their classes only 40 minutes long so I could fit it into my schedule, but they refuse, something about policies.

Still, I have a legitimate concern over their policies and I don't understand why they won't take the time to come out and tell me why their classes are 1:20 long.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
You may have a busy life, and can't afford to play 4 games a day due to work/family life, etc. That's what RP is for, so you can still enjoy the game without the grind. I'm sorry your country does not allow you to make Riot Point purchases, but just because you cannot access RP does not mean Riot needs to change its business model to suit only others like you. Fact of the matter is, you are not their target demographic.

Instead of asking for an IP increase, you should be asking Riot for more ways to access RP. Then people would be more sympathetic to your cause.
By the way, if Riot did as you wanted and increased IP to 200 per win, everyone would be able to get every champion that comes out at 6300 every time and Riot would have to close down.

Stenchrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caste View Post
You know what else I would do if I had time? Go back to school and get another degree, but the University's insistence that I take all their classes at 1:20 each is just too much. I keep asking them to make their classes only 40 minutes long so I could fit it into my schedule, but they refuse, something about policies.

Still, I have a legitimate concern over their policies and I don't understand why they won't take the time to come out and tell me why their classes are 1:20 long.

Also
Ah, but only if I could get their feedback, too!

Churraskero

09-12-2010

man close this thread lol, if they think 100ip is not enougth they would just release 1kip champs, if they still releasing 6k champs is coz they want things to be expensive to u use REAL mony in game, they are not wrong(they dont shell power, just skins...)

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churraskero View Post
man close this thread lol, if they think 100ip is not enougth they would just release 1kip champs, if they still releasing 6k champs is coz they want things to be expensive to u use REAL mony in game, they are not wrong(they dont shell power, just skins...)
ya, totally

Olymp1c

09-12-2010

You don't have to buy every champ either. You could actually use the free champ weeks to figure out which ones you really really want and only buy those.

Also, IP boosts are a waste unless you have the time to play for like 10-12 hours a day during the day boosts. If you don't you're probably better off just using the RP you would've spent on that to buy the champ you wanted.

Jagobah

09-13-2010

I've detailed when buying champions and when buying IP boosts are the better deal in this thread:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=244440

Lingerjoose

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenchrot View Post
I'm talking about IP gain in general. 100 IP is a small amount to gain if you want to farm IP for some champions ( especially the 6300 ones ) .

So, my question is, have you ever considered of turning IP per victory a flat amount of 200? That would mean that when you lose that you would gain about 100 IP. It seems fair enough, because if you get 100 IP every time you win and you want to buy a 6300 champion, the time taken is really exhausting. I don't know if it is gonna motivate people not to buy RP, but it would be a good option to take into consideration.

tl;dr Make IP per victory 200 IP, not 100

We are lucky its not 2 IP for a win and 1 for a loss, since Riot just wants your moneys. God knows they aren't worried about balancing the game, so, obviously its money.