Why is the IP gain per victory only 100 IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stenchrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrix View Post
Psh to that nonsense, I'm savin' for Galio.
Protip: Don't

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
xXByakuyaXx :
1/Collector pack: Usually can get it off a retail store.

Stenchrot:
1) Not available.
The collector's pack is sold on websites like ebay and amazon. If you have access to the internet (hint: you do), you have access to the collector's pack. Unless you happen to live in some middle eastern country which bans most websites, you can purchase it online.

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post
The collector's pack is sold on websites like ebay and amazon. If you have access to the internet (hint: you do), you have access to the collector's pack. Unless you happen to live in some middle eastern country which bans most websites, you can purchase it online.
I know I can, but I would probably pay more for the shipment then for the game itself.

Caste

09-12-2010

1 Win a day = 250 IP. Do this for 25 days and you have a 6300 champ. Why is this so difficult? If you want to speed up the time it takes to get a new champion, play more. With around 400 total games played, I have 4 rune pages and own 25 champions, none of which were bought with RP (though I do spend RP on rune pages and skins).

When you pay for your internet, do you complain that it is too expensive? Maybe, but clearly you're still paying for it. How is this any different than what Riot is doing?

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caste View Post
1 Win a day = 250 IP. Do this for 25 days and you have a 6300 champ. Why is this so difficult? If you want to speed up the time it takes to get a new champion, play more. With around 400 total games played, I have 4 rune pages and own 25 champions, none of which were bought with RP (though I do spend RP on rune pages and skins).

When you pay for your internet, do you complain that it is too expensive? Maybe, but clearly you're still paying for it. How is this any different than what Riot is doing?
25 is... a lot?

Madagan

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenchrot View Post
25 is... a lot?
That would be if you only play 1 game a day. If someone only played 1 game a day then it should take them a fair amount to time to get the rewards

Caste

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenchrot View Post
25 is... a lot?
That means you will be able to own more than half (55.6% @ rate of 250 ip per day) of champions Riot will release just buy winning ONE game every day.

Heaven forbid, you end up winning TWO games a day (~350 IP). You will own 77.8% of all the champions Riot will release! What if you lose one in between those two wins? (400 IP) 88.9% of all champions Riot releases will be yours.

If you're an average player and have 50% win rate (as you should with the ELO system), and go 2 wins and 2 losses a day (~450 IP), you will be able to own 100% of all 6300 champions Riot releases from now on. (In fact, 450*14 = 6300). This is being very strict with the IP numbers, you often get much more than 50 IP for losing and 100 IP for winning, if you count win streaks or no leave streaks, etc.

That's about 2.5 ~ 3 hours a day on LoL. This is actually pretty reasonable, especially if you're the type to go on weekend binges like me.

You may have a busy life, and can't afford to play 4 games a day due to work/family life, etc. That's what RP is for, so you can still enjoy the game without the grind. I'm sorry your country does not allow you to make Riot Point purchases, but just because you cannot access RP does not mean Riot needs to change its business model to suit only others like you. Fact of the matter is, you are not their target demographic.

Instead of asking for an IP increase, you should be asking Riot for more ways to access RP. Then people would be more sympathetic to your cause.

Insanious

Recruiter

09-12-2010

6 pracice games at 11 mins each = 442IP
1 win a day = 250 IP
1 loss a day = 63 IP (around)

= 755IP/day

takes less than 9 days go go go

Stenchrot

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caste View Post
That means you will be able to own more than half (55.6% @ rate of 250 ip per day) of champions Riot will release just buy winning ONE game every day.

Heaven forbid, you end up winning TWO games a day (~350 IP). You will own 77.8% of all the champions Riot will release! What if you lose one in between those two wins? (400 IP) 88.9% of all champions Riot releases will be yours.

If you're an average player and have 50% win rate (as you should with the ELO system), and go 2 wins and 2 losses a day (~450 IP), you will be able to own 100% of all 6300 champions Riot releases from now on. (In fact, 450*14 = 6300). This is being very strict with the IP numbers, you often get much more than 50 IP for losing and 100 IP for winning, if you count win streaks or no leave streaks, etc.

That's about 2.5 ~ 3 hours a day on LoL. This is actually pretty reasonable, especially if you're the type to go on weekend binges like me.

You may have a busy life, and can't afford to play 4 games a day due to work/family life, etc. That's what RP is for, so you can still enjoy the game without the grind. I'm sorry your country does not allow you to make Riot Point purchases, but just because you cannot access RP does not mean Riot needs to change its business model to suit only others like you. Fact of the matter is, you are not their target demographic.

Instead of asking for an IP increase, you should be asking Riot for more ways to access RP. Then people would be more sympathetic to your cause.
I would do all that if I had time.

and, if you were in my situation, you would realize that 100 IP is not enough. hell, even 150 IP would be fair so we could get near 200 with some bonuses. I don't leave Riot as a company behind this, and I do understand their needs to promote support for the game, and it could be a decrease in RP purchasing people if an IP boost per victory is there, but it could come in handy to some

Akedomo

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosecutor Godot View Post
Because you're a leaver.

I gain more than 150 per victory.
This is a lie and you know it, I never leave my games and i get at most 120 ip, and that's for a 20 min win.