UPDATE 6:19 PST Problems with 11/11/09 patch (resurrected)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaimitol

11-11-2009

im having this error: "The launcher has encountered an error..."

i need some help

my patcher_lib.log file is 9mb and with winzip its reduced to 400kb, i cant upload a zip file that size... :S
HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

i have the same problem that Eiyer has

x OZ x

11-11-2009

got the e mail.

good luck

Pselpz

11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiyer View Post
Hi...every time you guys release a new patch I have to uninstall and redownload the game, I can't figure out why. But I always get the error "The launcher has encountered and error. Please restart the application." It only does it AFTER I download the patch and it tries to install it. Anyway, here are my DxDiags and Patcher logs.
Ok, so I had the exact same problem as this guy. Why? Well the only thing I could think of was I had downloaded a custom skin for Rammus(listed as Armordillo in the HeroPak_client.zip/DATA/Characters folder) that turned Rammus red(file is "red rammus.zip in case anyone else has downloaded that one).

So I got out my saved "HeroPak_client.zip" folder that I had saved just in case I had problems and guess what? No more error!

It stopped at 97% and said "The launcher has encountered and error. Please restart the application" just like the previous post. but this time it finished downloading and is ready to play!

Hope this helps someone else with their problem.

Attachment 6329

Attachment 6330

Attachment 6331

I have included the Rammus skin that caused the error so it can be viewed. Just be sure to change the file type from .pdf to .zip once you have it downloaded.

Blaaaahs

11-11-2009

Hey there, I'm new and haven't started playing. I've got that "The launcher has experienced and error. Please restart this application." bug.

My friend said I should post here so here are my logs.

Eiyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2009

I haven't downloaded any skins or anything, everything in my game is all what came with it.

KingVox

11-11-2009

Client is not patching.
getting 0.00/Kbs it refuses to move.

ReVaLeNce

11-11-2009

Your Forum told me to do this and it seems to be working THANKS! LoL only going to take 2 hours on the esitmated time(started off at more then a week and now is currently down to 20 minutes) and thought I'd tell you my story. I had to create another user account on my laptop to attempt to play this game, how pitiful is that.... I will likely get the game working on my new user account and then stop as I am the type of person when it takes to much effort to do play a game I just give up, as their are numerous issue's and seems like their will always be numerous issue's with this game. I now have a user name on my laptop: "Riotsuckmyballs" you can ban me if you like, but I can say this with the utmost confidence that right now I am not the only person thinking or saying this. Just I am one of the few or only person who will put it in righting on your forums.

Eiyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVaLeNce View Post
Your Forum told me to do this and it seems to be working THANKS! LoL only going to take 2 hours on the esitmated time(started off at more then a week and now is currently down to 20 minutes) and thought I'd tell you my story. I had to create another user account on my laptop to attempt to play this game, how pitiful is that.... I will likely get the game working on my new user account and then stop as I am the type of person when it takes to much effort to do play a game I just give up, as their are numerous issue's and seems like their will always be numerous issue's with this game. I now have a user name on my laptop: "Riotsuckmyballs" you can ban me if you like, but I can say this with the utmost confidence that right now I am not the only person thinking or saying this. Just I am one of the few or only person who will put it in righting on your forums.
I can say with the utmost confidence that you are about stupid. This game is in open beta, I don't know what has taken you 2 weeks to download, but that is on your end. It is going to have some issues at the moment because like I said "BETA!" that is just part of beta, they'll get it worked out.

Resilient

11-11-2009

I experienced the "firewall" problem twice today, once in the morning and once at around 3:20 Pacific Time.

I have uploaded my log here:
http://www.rogueraptor.com/LolClient...111.134918.log

because i was unable to upload it as an attachment. I have never had this error before and i have been playing sense early October.

DNME

Recruiter

11-11-2009

If you're on windows 7, shift+right-click on the lol.launcher to get the run as different user option