Anyone else annoyed by this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

08-11-2012

Madred's Bloodrazor 3800g

+40 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

Wriggle's Lantern 1600g

+23 Attack Damage +30 Armor +12% Life Steal UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters...

TheRobot99

08-11-2012

You forgot to mention the ward you get from Wriggle's Lantern.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

More AD, less Armor, AS instead of LS, and %HP instead of free wards and minion damage.

Xela Syab

08-11-2012

Look at the combine cost and what you're getting between the items. For 775 gold combine cost for madrids bloodrazor you're getting 2 armor and a changed passive that actually hurts your farm and jungle for just magic damage towards enemies health. For a 150 combine cost for Wriggles Lantern you get 8 attack damage, 7 armor, 2 lifesteal, and a ward ever 3 mins. I'm just saying that for a 5x combine cost you shouldn't be getting 1/3rd the armor let alone the other stats.

Fanaticmogg

08-12-2012

Well, the Armor isn't really the main attraction of Madred's Bloodrazor.

Also, by the time you have the Bloodrazor, you probably don't NEED farm that badly. Also, you're getting MUCH more in one equip slot - you lose out on the lifesteal, wards, minion damage and some Armor, yes, but you get 40% attack speed, 17 AD, and a passive that can hit for major damage (even against squishy champions, the bonus damage will be at least as high as Wits End's).

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
Well, the Armor isn't really the main attraction of Madred's Bloodrazor.

Also, by the time you have the Bloodrazor, you probably don't NEED farm that badly. Also, you're getting MUCH more in one equip slot - you lose out on the lifesteal, wards, minion damage and some Armor, yes, but you get 40% attack speed, 17 AD, and a passive that can hit for major damage (even against squishy champions, the bonus damage will be at least as high as Wits End's).
Cool! I can deal as much damage as a 2300g item with a 3800g item!
And get the same AS, armor instead of MR, and 40 AD.

And yes, yes I know it's designed to kill tanks, and that's a bit more damage. but tanks will have piles of MR anyway, so you'll still only be doing 2% of max health..or less.

deathpanelof1

08-14-2012

Basically it is economies of scale as output increases cost first decreases then increases. For example the gold cost of your first DPS units are the most expensive but as you build that item your gold cost versus value decreases to a certain point where MR=MC. That is the best price to buy DPS (wriggles). For each damage output past where MR=MC you pay more and more (exponentially increasing) money for it. But want for DPS is unlimited only means (gold and slots) is limited so eventually when gold becomes no issues the 17 attack damage + ect. becomes hugely valuable because they represent the difference between winning and losing a team fight in a close game which is invaluable. Also the damage of Madreds grows as the game progresses countering the scaling of the enemy.

pwrecks

08-15-2012

no

skao

08-15-2012

i understand what you mean about jungle speed but on an item like this it will help you more reliably shred through someone like baron nashor who has an effective health of 2500 i think for percent based damage and after you earn 3800 gold or more you should be doing more then JUST killing jungle minions

Xela Syab

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skao View Post
i understand what you mean about jungle speed but on an item like this it will help you more reliably shred through someone like baron nashor who has an effective health of 2500 i think for percent based damage and after you earn 3800 gold or more you should be doing more then JUST killing jungle minions
This is pretty much the justification for Riot making the item high cost. I've tried both Items on Nashor and Wriggles does more honestly. The lifesteal, ward, and extra armor helps so much in nashor kills.