"The Sweaty Apple" Noxian Tavern [Open RP]

1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

08-11-2012

Not all of Noxus is steeped in foul-smelling chemicals and fumes from its moat, or rises to greet the dark sky around the skull-shaped mountain of the High Command. Not all of Noxus is glorious and cut-throat. In fact, a good portion of Noxian Citizens go on about their day like any other person living on Valoran. The streets may be a little less "safe" and maybe even a little less "clean" but these people work hard, and are filled with national pride that's to die for. After all, the High Command and the Grand General is everything. To go against the High Command is tantamount to suicide anyway.

These people live in the Ivory Ward, or the slums beneath the great city. When they tire of the toil of the day, all types, Citizen, Soldier, perhaps even champion, retreat to the various bars and taverns throughout Noxus to enjoy a fine drink, or maybe to get into a drunken brawl with some of the nastiest mercenaries around. The Grandmaster himself, Jax, and Gragas, the Rabble Rouser, are well known for drinking in Noxus, so one never quite knows who might show up. The law is slow to react to most brawls, which almost turns them into a game of sport.

However, few Noxian taverns are as widely known as "The Sweaty Apple." "The Apple", as it has come to be called by frequent patrons, is one of Noxus' oldest drinking institutions. Inside, a patron will spy bits and pieces from Noxian propaganda from all sorts of conflicts, both ancient history and more recent wars. Due to the tavern's popularity, a small Bounty Board has even been placed near the entrance for easy pickings for anyone adventurous, or stupid, enough to take on a job.

The Apple is run by a grizzled old war veteran named Kaius Darkfoot that serves as the bartender. The man is well-respected by all patrons, both for his long service in the Noxian Military, and for his skill at the game of drink, and no-nonsense attitude when it comes to his tavern. Anyone stupid enough to tell him "Apples don't sweat" has often been chased out the door, accompanied by the sounds of an old Hextech Shotgun he calls "Lady." While the man often times has a tendency to go off into a drunken ramble about how he lost his foot to frostbite while fighting up north in Freljord, he assures that his last name "is just a durn'd coincidence" and that "people should stop asking such durn'd stupid questions."

Bar brawls are so common that Kaius has stopped trying to halt them, and has started taking bets. Other patrons often join in as the brawls get crazier, shouting and making bets, and simply living it up. If things get too rowdy, Kaius simply silences it with a blast from Lady, or just adds the damages to the tab of the patrons to pay the next time they come in. And he collects what's owed one way or another...

"No man of the drink should ever leave Noxus without a trip to 'The Sweaty Apple.' Best dang bar in Noxus, y'ask me."
- Anonymous Patron

(( Well, here's the bar as promised. I suspect you all will give it the proper atmosphere. Always assume Kaius is at the bar, and always assume there are at least a few patrons running around. The Bounty Board is something I added for flavor, but if you all decide you want to turn it into something more, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Of course, if people want to offer actual bounties, by all means, I'll put them up and turn this into a fun little hub for activity of all sorts. This is the rowdy version of the Break Room Style Thread. So, go nuts, have a mug, kick back, kick some arse, and watch out for that flying fist...))
(( With love, Kaz~ ))

TheOneTrueWaifu

08-11-2012

Ido enters the bar, taking a quick look at the bounty board and shrugging, he takes a seat
"Hey there Kaius, slow night?" he said with a chuckle that seemed to be void of any really amusement.
"I'll have the regular." a simple beer, nothing special about it, once he had obtained it, he began to drink.

Lord of Apoc

08-11-2012

Steale entered the bar and looks around.
"Gees Garic got out done for once."
He walked up to the bar.
"I'll have something that wont freeze in my hand please."

TheOneTrueWaifu

08-11-2012

Ido looks at Steale and nods, acknowledging his presence but doesn't say anything, continuing to drink his beer.

Lord of Apoc

08-11-2012

Steale starts to complain as his drink constantly continues to freeze.
"Don't you have any anti-freeze drinks"

TheOneTrueWaifu

08-11-2012

Ido looked at Steale's drink, why would he come to a bar if everything he touched froze...he shrugs and continues to drink, getting a second beer after finishing the first.

--

after a while of silence, he picked up what was left of his beer and chugged it, walking over to the bounty board and taking another look at it, muttering to himself

"this one looks easy enough...but doesn't pay so well..." he sighs, taking one last look at it "guess it'll have to do." he takes the paper off the board and shoves it in one of his pockets, then returns to his seat and orders another beer, slowly drinking it while seemingly in deep thought.

--

Ido stands up after finishing his third beer, looking at the time he sighs, about time to get going, not that he had anywhere in particular to go, he just didn't like staying in one place very long, he lay the money on the counter, walking toward the exit he bumped into a large man, clearly drunken stupid, the man falls over, Ido offers him a hand
"my apologize, I hadn't seen you there..." the man stands up on his own and snarls at Ido, throwing a drunken fist at his face, Ido grabs the hand and crushes it, breaking the bone, the man steps back in pain, his hand broken and bloody, Ido stares at him coldly, swinging his leg around to high kick the man in the side of the head, he traveled a few feet before landing on the ground unconscious. Ido simply walked out afterwards without a word.

((usually when people say they like the idea of an RP, they actually bring characters in >.> ))

Ryugi Kazamaru

08-11-2012

(( Gotta give it time. ))

Lunari Fox

08-11-2012

Spetra walked towards the bar-man, she looked at him and knocked three times on the counter. He quickly understood what she wanted since he saw her many times around here. He brought her, her favorite drink. She sat down and started to drink as she watched the people around the place.

"Seems pretty calm today ... I'll wait before I spice it up ..."

Lunari Fox

08-11-2012

(( bump :3 ))

The Béll

08-11-2012

Bell walked up to the bar, simply taking a seat and resting his head on the counter, his ears swiveling to hear all noises.

1234511 ... 36