Playing a Kayle against Rumble solo top, any tips? Jungler keeps dying during ganks..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

The lane is constantly pushed to my end and Rumble takes occasional shots at me. The best I could do was buy some GP5 items and farm hoping my late game scales better than him.

Only problem is that whenever the jungler comes to gank, he ends up dying in the process even if I use my R on him.

In other words...playing a ranged against someone that counters ranged and pushed to my turret all game long with gp5's. The most I can do is just turret hug and farm, occasionally losing a few cs to the turret but overall gaining some cs.

In the end I preferred it if my jungler didn't come help because that just gets Rumble fed.

Was there anything else I could have done as Kayle? I mean, we won in the end, but it had more to do with the enemy team's ineptitude than actually myself being any good...

And before you tell me to not pick Kayle vs. a Rumble...blindpick.

t3hep1cf47m4n

08-11-2012

nope

Munzta

08-11-2012

Go bruiser kayle

TheOneMillion

08-11-2012

Push the lane right back. you are KAYLE. Queen of pushing.

xDigDoug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

I think only attacking while you have flame sword up would help. Other than that I have no advice to offer, I am not a very good Kayle player.

I might be better now, since it HAS been half a year since I tried any sort of aggressive Kayle..

Cenerae

08-11-2012

Going GP/10 items was a mistake. Kayle has the ability to beat the snot out of Rumble provided you're willing to play aggressively.

Rumble does not counter her, not even close. As long as you don't sit in his flamespitter you're fine. If your jungler is somehow dying when he comes to gank, then he needs to wait for you to actually wear Rumble down a bit. But it shouldn't even be an issue, because Kayle's early DPS is ferociously strong, and between you and him the kills SHOULD be cake.

Abuse Righteous Fury's damage. Use that and Reckoning's slow to keep him at bay and kite him down. And don't sit in flamespitter, not ever. Rumble is a counter to melees because of it, and Kayle's got range.

Ginga

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
Push the lane right back. you are KAYLE. Queen of pushing.
You can't exactly out push flamespitter considering it's a free ability on short cooldown...plus, I was kept alive due to the protection of the turret for the most part.

Inbetween Q+E harasses and getting away using W, Kayle will run out of mana sooner or later. Rumble's flamespitter is free.

xDigDoug

08-11-2012

Attack when flamespitter is on cooldown, and he should be much easier.

Sorry, I'm not good with either of those champs, but now I'm curious to try Kayle solo top.

Ginga

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDigDoug View Post
Attack when flamespitter is on cooldown, and he should be much easier.

Sorry, I'm not good with either of those champs, but now I'm curious to try Kayle solo top.
Be wary of your mana, try not to push the lane too hard because Kayle is rather slow without her W, which is on a high cooldown and also costs a fair bit of mana.

ijjy

08-12-2012

Rumble is countered by kayle. All u have to do is get one point into E then max Q. Let him use his skills then hit him with q and begin rape with e. Only have tried with ad Kayle.