Better build for Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chichee

08-11-2012

any thoughts..

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Generally in mid I go
boots 3 pots
Negatron Cloak
Abyssal Scepter
then Lich Bane prioritizing another Blasting Wand and Amplifying Tome or Null Magic Mantle over completing Sheen (so I can build Rylais if I need more survivability)
Then I usually get a Glacial Shroud and those 3 items are my core

If I'm against AD
boots 3 pots
Dorans 1-2 or Catalyst into RoA if it's an easy lane
Glacial shroud or Rylais
finish whatever I didn't get above

If I'm in the jungle
boots 3 pots
HoG if I get an early kill
Malady
situational really

Diana can be built a number of different ways but I really like Abyssal Scepter and Lich Bane on her.

Wickian

08-11-2012

So far my favorite build on her is AS/AP. I'm thinking of trying a tanky/ap build next.

macdr

08-11-2012

The way I've been building my jungle diana is as follows

boots and 3 health pots
haunting guise
merc treads
rylais
shen
Lichbane/zhonyas/void (situationally dependent but usually pick either lich or zhonya's then void then the other)
finally end it up with GA or QSS if they have a lot of cc

blitzen

08-11-2012

I've been build Pure AP but running into some problems late game.

Shen
Merc Threads
Rylais
Deathcap
Lichbane
Void/Zhonyas

Thinking about trying Nasher's Tooth CD/AP build. Any thoughts?

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

One thing I think you shouldn't build on Diana unless you get a very early kill is Gold per Five. She snowballs so hard mid game and gold per five really set her back. 2 Dorans are better than getting a gold per five and health pots/wards imo.

Lethadind

08-11-2012

TL;DR: My core is almost always Lich Bane and Rylai's, with Merc Treads.

The two paths I usually follow then break up like this:

AP - RDC, Zhonya's, Abyssal
AS - RoA (extra survivability/mana sustain, and it actually adds more overall damage to your passive rather than adding a tiny bit more attack speed), Nashor's Tooth, Malady

Diana is a mage assassin, meaning she's in melee range. She scales well with both ap, attack speed, or a hybrid of both.

Attack speed does more team damage and is more beneficial late game. This means you'll need to build like a bruiser as well, because you'll be in the middle of things.

AP does more single target damage and is used to get high-priority targets instead of bruising. This is more or less glass-cannon with health from Rylai's and I've found RoA to be especially effective on her. This falls off late game as usually teamfights break out in 5v5, so picking off that champion while escaping yourself becomes much more difficult, ergo your time taken waiting to engage causes a loss in team damage. AP is easier to come back from a deficit, AS should be used if you are doing well early and you personally have an advantage in gold compared to the other team.

I usually build AP first to pick off targets - Catalyst to RoA, Rylai's, Lich Bane (You auto-attack a lot, and this becomes super effective), then build hybrid AS as I get kills, getting Nashor's Tooth and Malady for AP + Attack speed + MR Reduc. Wit's end is a viable replacement. Boots I ALWAYS go Merc Treads. You will be up in people's faces and will constantly get CC'd, you need the tenacity FAR more than you need +20 MPen or 15% CDR.

If I end up getting focused, then I go AP with a mixture of AP defensive items (Zhonya's and Abyssal Scepter). You won't survive long enough to do significant team damage from AS anyway, so burst is the way to go when this happens.

chichee

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzd View Post
I've been build Pure AP but running into some problems late game.

Shen
Merc Threads
Rylais
Deathcap
Lichbane
Void/Zhonyas

Thinking about trying Nasher's Tooth CD/AP build. Any thoughts?
i tried building her with AP and AS, nasher's tooth is rly good.. u should try.

dj jokers wild

08-11-2012

haha i build her tanky/ap
dorans
glacial shield
boots
deathcap
upgrade to frozen
abyssal
maw of morti
then 2 situational items
sell the dorans late

chichee

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj jokers wild View Post
haha i build her tanky/ap
dorans
glacial shield
boots
deathcap
upgrade to frozen
abyssal
maw of morti