Running Garen Numbers on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Croanin

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Hearts11 View Post
That makes no sense because

a) Garen's ulti doesn't scale with anything other than magic pen and who even bothers getting magic pen on Garen?

b) Everyone almost everyone has a base of ~50 magic resist late game which leaves his ult roughly doing HALF as less damage late game without any magic pen.

If you made it physical damage atleast, then that way you wouldn't feel punished for buying a Last Whisper over a void staff..and who the hell buys void staff on Garen.
It was a joke. Sorry it doesn't belong here since were all being serious about our precious Demacian Stalwart. I really dont care about his ultimate sure its not the best execution but the way his Judgement scales has always been the main problem.

My arguement is there taking away his early game a bit, but I dont think he'll be the strongest bruiser late game either. Meanwhile Riven gets to still be powerful early game and strong late. Also has no mana.

MysteltainSensei

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYDØL View Post
Darius doesnt have any ratio cuz his ult deal true dmg.... oh wait
wtf are you talking about?? i was saying how garen has no ap ratios so if he builds a void staff for the magic pen the ap on it would do nothing and be a waste...herp derp idiot.

Jassu

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyPuwn View Post
The problem is, if you take away the advantage you get from that kill, why would people play aggressive over being safe? Say at level 2, I could go in for a kill, but that could put me at risk of being ganked, if the risk outweighs the benefit, why would I even try it? To adapt to the aggressive play, junglers have started to gank top a lot more in order to influence that lane. What exactly is the problem with the current top lane if aggressive play is what you want and the risk-rewards promote that style of play?
A single kill shouldn't make it so difficult to turn the lane around. I believe Xypherous is suggesting that the reward is too great for a single kill in top lane.

AugustDV

08-11-2012

You know what have worked better than screwing around with his damage formula to make him weaker and then suggest rushing ghostblade while in the same breath showing that his numbers are better with infinity Edge, not to mention weakening his early game power with and without items so that it's harder to even reach that 125 mark on Armor and MR while still having that crit damage item by the time you need them? Giving Garen a scaling percentage armor shred on his Judgement, weak early, strong late, make him not get countered nearly as hard by a simple chain vest, not force him to take a Last Whisper, on top another damage item, specifically an Infinfity Edge, if he doesn't want to be utterly marginalized, not force him to build a specific, very expensive item for damage and allow him to contribute to a teamfight even if he decides to build tank focused with little damage if the game called for it, even if it would be a weaker choice in most situations.

All I see from your guys recently is pushing hard for homogenization and a cracking down on numbers of viable options. This isn't fun and it isn't satisfying.

King of Hearts11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

I really do dislike the change on his passive from 7 seconds to 10 seconds. All that means is that any champion who can constantly harass him is just going to rape him harder now. Though the minions not being able to break the passive is good, that I feel is a bug fix that should have been made long time ago.

Also people who are saying that his passive stacks with CDR now, fail to understand that late game only CDR item that's even worth having on Garen is an Omen which gives 5% CDR. Also I completely disagree with Xypherous on Ghostblade for Garen, I feel its a complete waste of slot on him. You can keep the brutalizer and later sell it for Last Whisper however Ghostblade is just not worth it.

SirChuckNorris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

This change does come off as a nerf. Can't be ambushing level 1 , but not really any reason he's any good late. The only kiting that will be done is people avoiding picking him. ever.

So if that was the goal, um, good job?!?

Kelenas

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassu View Post
A single kill shouldn't make it so difficult to turn the lane around. I believe Xypherous is suggesting that the reward is too great for a single kill in top lane.
A single kill top lane does make it that hard to turn the lane around, because of how well armor and magic resist scale early on. Having ninja tabi or a null magic mantle over your opponent, stacked on top of heart of gold health and doran's health/damage is just so huge in an even lane.

BeefyLoveLord

08-11-2012

The games powercreeping has pretty much created a metagame of highly mobile high sustain or self shielding bruisers who have left the old champs in the dust. These newer champions with the disgustingly flexable kits need to have inferior ratios and damage to make up for the utility.

Garen should output higher amounts of damage and tank ability compared to other champions in exchange for this lack of utility, so that a team actually can be rewarded for building in a way that can help garen get in there to do his damage.

If Garen was a champion designed by riot for release in 2 weeks...
His passive would be courage's new passive.
Q would leap him directly to his target instead of applying its speed boost.
W Would generate a shield scaling on his attack damage or max hp as well as have its passive.
E would have the speed boost attached to it as well as knocking up any champions that it hit all 6 ticks on.
and his ult would scale with both his +damage as well as their hp, and have shorter castpoint and better cooldown.

Jassu

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelenas View Post
A single kill top lane does make it that hard to turn the lane around, because of how well armor and magic resist scale early on. Having ninja tabi or a null magic mantle over your opponent, stacked on top of heart of gold health and doran's health/damage is just so huge in an even lane.
Please note that I'm saying how it potentially should be, not how it is.

EYDØL

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris40610 View Post
wtf are you talking about?? i was saying how garen has no ap ratios so if he builds a void staff for the magic pen the ap on it would do nothing and be a waste...herp derp idiot.
I understand every word you said..... i just compare garen ult with darius, so plz next time be gentle jesus...