Need a Support that can "Carry"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

barbeerian

01-01-2013

Support Zyra can carry pretty well, even with 0 CS and a proper support build.
Go 9-0-21 masteries and for runes go GP10 quints / Mpen reds / Armour yellows / MResist/lvl blues.

That'll give you good natural damage (and Zyra has pretty good base numbers, even post nerf she's still potent). You're not going to carry as hard as a pure AP mid who's farming, but you can still dish out some punishment in teamfights. Her waveclear is great which is handy even as a support, sometimes your pressed to a tower and your solomid just isn't around to handle it. If your ADC's a complete derp you can use that waveclear to rightfully jack some CS so you can carry.

-Her Q is an AoE nuke which is great for harassing a rooted victim.
-Her W gives passive CDR (20% CDR at rank 5), and drops seeds. Q a seed and it turns into a ranged plant, E a seed and it turns into a melee plant which slows. Seeds also give vision, so u can use them as temporary wards.
-Her E is ~1000 range and pierces mobs so you can harass and setup kills without having to worry about threading a skillshot between creeps. It roots everything it hits as well.
-Her Ult is a very large AoE nuke, that damages instantly then knocks up after a 2s delay. Also enrages plants in it's radius. You can cast it at long range as well, so you don't have to put yourself in danger to use it.

-She has major harass at long range in lane, and it's very safe. Drop plants and let them do work, throw out some AA's when possible.
-Great lane control. You can use plants to freeze the lane for your ADC if he's at base and the wave is pushing. If the enemy likes to hang out in the brush they won't stay in there for long when you fill it with plants.
-As mentioned above her waveclear is great, so if your ADC isn't around and you need to push your wave into the tower to deny the enemy XP before you base, she can do it very quickly.
-She craps on Blitz in lane, which is always fun to do. Stand behind minions so he can't hook you, make sure to spam /laugh. When he tries moving into hook position E-W him to root & drop a slow plant, then Q-W him to poke more and drop a ranged plant. Watch him run away while the plants give him a few spanks on the way out. Remember that his CDR on fist is almost 2x as long as your root. So drop another free combo on him if he's dumb enough to come into range before his fist is ready.

For a build go:
Flask + 3 Wards + 2 Pots to start.
Then go Sightstone > Kage's > Chalice
Upgrade the Kage's to Twin Shadows

If your team is doing well at this point:
Upgrade Chalice to Athene's, then build either a Zhonya's (vs AD, or u need the active) or Abyssal (vs AP, or your team could use the MR reduction aura)

If your team is behind just build standard aura items according to the team comps (Aegis/Runic Bulwark, Zeke's, etc)

Qsario

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
Janna, Blitz, Leona and Lulu all have the potential to be lategame game changers due to their powerful crowd control.

Do not listen to people that say to build AP. Neglecting your duties to be an under farmed AP carry is not how you carry as support.

Taric and Soraka are more dependent on their strong laning.
Heh, there's been at least one Soraka carry. Barring trollish builds (fun as ADC Janna is), you just don't get a lot of farm as support and you have to rely on utility/CC. Unfortunately, you can't make a bad carry good. However, you can save their ass repeatedly.

As he says, making effective use of your kit is key. Being a Janna main, I have saved many teammates many times, turned lost teamfights around, etc.

And it doesn't mean you never get kills. As Janna, I have used flash to dive Blitzcrank, W'd for the kill, then ran towards their base and recalled from the bush while they were checking the river. I've run a low HP Vayne all the way back to her base, dove turrets, and finally got her down after many Ws during the chase, managing to escape alive after that. I have flashed into dragon, stolen with W, then ulted them out of the way to escape.

But if you just want to do huge damage, take support Nidalee or Nunu. Just ult from the brush and avoid CC, because nobody with both CC & sense left will let Nunu finish channeling. You won't be fed enough to go crazy, but it's possible. Speaking of which, farm assists. Make sure you assist in every kill possible, because you're giving up gold if you don't.

Yeah, the carry does all the damage, but someone has to keep them alive. A GA just doesn't cut it.

Minish Sage

01-02-2013

volibear is great, you can catch them, slow them, and then your bite does a lot of damage if you build health (which you should). Also he is a tank, with his passive which heals him.

Smittens91

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
Sona (?) - has a large AoE stun that can quickly turn the teamfight into a massacre for the enemy team.

Blitzcrank (?) - one good grab means a teamfight just turned overwhelmingly in your favor 5v4. Alternately, a bad grab means you probably just lost the game.
SON OF A....
Seriously.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

1. If your ADC is not last hitting, AP Soraka can carry games. Another thing.... Silence can carry games if you time it right. I've had a 12 kill Darius come up to a turret expecting to dunk my entire team, only to be silenced then melted. The same goes for nearly any champion good at "cleaning up" if your team can focus them in time.
2. I agree with what someone said about Kayle, especially if the ADC isn't kiting or is a hyper-carry. If you ult the ADC at the right time, the enemy team should be dead before the shield falls.
3. Janna. It is more about judging the enemy team here. If you go Janna vs Fiddle/ Karthus.... the enemy will hate you. Janna is capable of being game changing in many ways, but vs AoE enemies it is especially true.
4. Lulu. She is great for an ADC that can kite. If the enemy has an assassin, you just became their worst nightmare with Whimsy. Bruiser charging in? Make them feel Glitterlance.
5. If there is a single fed enemy, then Leona can probably lock them down.
6. Alistar.... or anyone else with high CC.

It is a matter of who the fed enemy is. If the fed enemy is ADC, the best counter would be to focus+cc them . If it is an assassin, you want to be someone with good cc while being the one who is one step ahead of the enemy. If it is an AoE mage like fiddle, you want to be Janna.

Now the question is, who is going to be fed?

Phantaztick

01-02-2013

I have been playing a lot of Lux support lately and I have been really enjoying it. More than once I have saved my team mates by snaring and slowing the people chasing them, or holding a fleeing enemy while my team dog pile son them. Her ulti doesn't have to be a finisher either. I have used it to chase people off our turrets, and the cooldown is low enough that I can use it as an opener, then again to catch runners at the end of team fights. If you play her support and not mid, you'll do less damage, but the job of support isn't to kill, but to make it easier for others to kill.

Hasuobs

01-03-2013

Blitzcrank.

JabZz

01-03-2013

I just played zyra and played as an ap mage (cause kennen instalocked when I called mid) with an ezreal against a varus nunu bot. Used seeds as wards and bursted varus down before he could do anything. The knock up from my ult also helped counter nunu's ult. I changed every teamfight from then on and managed to finish my build right before they surrendered with only their nexus not destroyed.

Pobbes

01-04-2013

Sona, she's a boss. I'd go in to more depth, but just play her and you will see.

AvisPraeda

01-05-2013

Kayle can carry into the lategame if you farm up past laning phase.