Which option should be in place?

"The Rule of Two" 15 31.91%
"The Rule of Two > Three" 32 68.09%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Community Poll - Champion Limits

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

2 Weeks Ago

As most of you know, there has been an ongoing discussion regarding rules and guidelines for the RP Forums. For the moment, that discussion is centered around champion limits. After days of discussion, a lot of arguing, and all kinds of elbow grease, the two options that we would like to put forth for a community vote on how to proceed are below.

The winning option MUST win by at least a 2/3rds majority (approximately 66% of the vote)

No duplicate voting will be allowed for any reason, and this poll is public to allow people to actively see who has voted for what. Votes should be made with an actively recognized account to prevent misidentification of spammers or one-time-wonders (accounts who suddenly appear out of nowhere to vote and have never been seen before).

Quote:
"The Rule of Two"
This is the same rule that most of you already know about. This rule basically states that no person on the RP Forums is to control more than two champions. If this poll option wins the poll by a 2/3rds majority, it will go into effect as the official rule of the forum, and any roleplayers currently playing more than 2 champions will be asked to give up some of their claims until they are back at no more than two. This includes ANY persons that may have been under exceptions with the previous rule in effect. There will be no exceptions this time around in order to eliminate future problems.
Quote:
"The Rule of Two > Three"
This is the proposed change to the champion limit rule. This rule effectively says that the base limit for all champion roleplayers can be no more than two, exactly as above. However, an extraordinary individual, who meets prerequisites to be discussed within the "Community Discussion - Rules" thread, and who continues to meet those requirements as judged by the community, will be allowed to take and hold a Third Champion. If this poll option wins by a 2/3rds majority vote, this privilege will be extended to all members of the community who meet the requirements. AODRG (Sona, Lulu, Orianna), and Tsaalyo (Lux, Miss Fortune, Shyvana, Caitlyn), will automatically be allowed to keep three under this new rule, which means that Tsaalyo will be asked to give up one of his four in order to comply with the new community-decided rule.
Please think carefully before you vote! This is a decision that will affect all of us.

Be responsible, and have your vote heard.

Ryugi Kazamaru

2 Weeks Ago

Feel free to cast your vote as such, then. I'm holding off for the moment so I can watch the progression.

Edit: The magical disappearing post. O__O

Koneko Zorua

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Feel free to cast your vote as such, then. I'm holding off for the moment so I can watch the progression.

Edit: The magical disappearing post. O__O
ferret pls....its biting my mic... kaz halp o.o

AskTheSteamGolem

2 Weeks Ago

???

Koneko Zorua

2 Weeks Ago

My ferret was nomming my mic as Iw as typing, he's on my desk sniffing my monitors >>

freAK47

2 Weeks Ago

Change is a good thing. With the community controlling those few super Ask Champ holders, we can go far. Especially if they pick up a near dead champ.

Koneko Zorua

2 Weeks Ago

I think that two of three would be fair, but unfair, but I lean more towards it. But maybe I have favoritism.

AskKarthus

2 Weeks Ago

I am not fond of the fact that this even came as far as it did. When I started, the limit was one, and then a few people did two, and we argued over whether or not we should allow that. Now, we went a step further, which I really don't like. Whenever we make an exception, someone always goes a step farther. I don't think exceptions should be made, even if a majority approves.

I don't think this should ever have been a question of skill, just a question of fairness.

FI0RA Laurent

2 Weeks Ago

As butthurt as people might be, I am still wondering why AOD and Tsaa couldn't keep a fourth while they have been pillars of the community.

Yes I know about thre whole debate, I have seen all the arguments but let's be honest here. Didn't they earn it by now? By the dedication they put to their post. By the quality of their RP and most of all, by being there after all this time, still on the forum.

I understand the motion has passed, but it was a low blow to the elders and the elders will remember.

Leo the yordle

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI0RA Laurent View Post
As butthurt as people might be, I am still wondering why AOD and Tsaa couldn't keep a fourth while they have been pillars of the community.

Yes I know about thre whole debate, I have seen all the arguments but let's be honest here. Didn't they earn it by now? By the dedication they put to their post. By the quality of their RP and most of all, by being there after all this time, still on the forum.

I understand the motion has passed, but it was a low blow to the elders and the elders will remember.
To be fair, most of the people in favor of the Rule of Two are elders themselves.

I'm still not entirely fond of having them both give up a champ, but that's not really for me to decide. The 2>3 rule is a good compromise for everyone.

1234511 ... 14